How many miles ???

Mines an 07, had her since 08. Came with 2000 on it and now it's got 22,000. Zero problems out of it.

• Like 1

Mine's an 06, bought in October of 2014 with roughly 6500 miles on it.  It's now in the low 13,xxx's, but I had nearly doubled the miles in the first year I had it.  Marriage and two jobs no longer lets me ride as much as I'd like, plus, this is my second bike, so the riding I do get in gets split between the two.

mines a '00, bought it new in '99 .. it only got rode occasionally until about a year and a half ago until i got some SM rims for it, now it has about 11k on it .. its never had an engine case cover off, a seal replaced, or a new hose of any kind, runs better and gets better mileage than ever, i ride it 2-3 times a week to work 75 miles round trip - costs me about 2.75 in gas a day ...

mines a '00, bought it new in '99 .. it only got rode occasionally until about a year and a half ago until i got some SM rims for it, now it has about 11k on it .. its never had an engine case cover off, a seal replaced, or a new hose of any kind, runs better and gets better mileage than ever, i ride it 2-3 times a week to work 75 miles round trip - costs me about 2.75 in gas a day ...

Damn you live a long way from work.
Mine's an 06, bought in October of 2014 with roughly 6500 miles on it.  It's now in the low 13,xxx's, but I had nearly doubled the miles in the first year I had it.  Marriage and two jobs no longer lets me ride as much as I'd like, plus, this is my second bike, so the riding I do get in gets split between the two.

Better than a job and two marriages.
  • Like 3

2006 with 35,000 miles. Got a big bore at 25,000. No problems other than things I messed up myself. I should probably inspect my clutch plate thickness though...

I need to catch up to you guys, 2016, bought August 30th 2016 brand new and have only 5600 miles on it. But I couldn't ride for 6 weeks cuz I fractured my wrist...lol

4 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

i live rural so its not so bad, only one redlight between here and there ..  and its a nice ride so makes me look forward to getting up and riding out

• Like 2

Mine is a 2009 got it a little over a year ago. Just rolled 5200 miles had 1500 miles when i bought it. But been looking at 2006 zx6r lately. Been a dream bike and cant have 2 bikes right now...

Edited by lt88

I have a sweet 2009 DRZ 400S  that has had the top end redone and the odometer reads 46,xxx miles and she still has a lot of life left in her, I am the second owner and I love tearing it up on her.  I can't wait to turn it over to 100,000 miles.  even at 46,000 miles the bike is in great shape cosmetically and mechanically.

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

• Like 6

14 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

Better than a job and two marriages.

"Having a wife and children and working to keep them in comfort has ruined far more men than wine and harlots ever did."  William Yeats

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 5

04S, 7800 miles and sounds like it threw the auto decomp, or something up top. Near WOT commuter. Teardown soon.

2001 S. 46 thousand and some change. 21 thou and some change on a 470 + WR box. 

few pics: 

Supermoto, dual sport, mini adv bike. one that does it all alright. Last pic is a recent navtower i built. Rally fairing happens this fall sometime. 

Edited by albani
  • Like 2

I've been waffling between a DRZ400, XR400, and WR450 (street legal). Looking at the front page in this forum, and this thread in particular, and comparing with the WR450 forum, it certainly confirms my beliefs that these DRZs are much more reliable. Good to see some real stories.

• Like 2

I think all of the bikes you mentioned have their benefits, I would do some research and go with the bike that you like the most.  And I think that proper maintenance is the key to keeping your DRZ on the road for a long time, but I am probably preaching to the choir.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, L pescador said:

I think all of the bikes you mentioned have their benefits, I would do some research and go with the bike that you like the most.  And I think that proper maintenance is the key to keeping your DRZ on the road for a long time, but I am probably preaching to the choir.

Yeah, definitely. It's funny, because the situation I'm currently in is that the wr450 is actually the CHEAPEST option up front. It's a sumo'd and plated '04 for $2500 in what looks to be immaculate shape. Fresh top end etc., it actually makes me a bit suspicious. The DRZ guy is asking way too much ($4500!!) but the bike comes with tons of extras and is an E model with fewer than 10k miles (9,760 for the thread contribution).

What it really comes down to is that I will likely be spending far more time pooting around town on the street than anything, but I do have a very long (800+ mile, mostly trails) trip coming up and want to get into adventure riding trips more in general. Don't want to have to change oil on the fly.

On 16/06/2017 at 2:34 AM, albani said:

2001 S. 46 thousand and some change. 21 thou and some change on a 470 + WR box. 

few pics: 

Supermoto, dual sport, mini adv bike. one that does it all alright. Last pic is a recent navtower i built. Rally fairing happens this fall sometime. 

The plastic panniers look good, nice and light to I guess and lockable, Some similar ones are available from my local hardware stores for 50bucks a piece.