Troy Lee Pants

I'm looking for the best vented pants I can find, and the Troy Lee GP Air came up several times. When researching on the Troy Lee site, I saw them and the SE Air pants. Anyone have both and which is better? Is there a better vented pant? I've been wearing the Moose Sahara and like them a lot, unfortunately, someone threw them in the dryer, so now they're a couple sizes smaller. I'm in Florida, so ventilation is a high priority.

• Like 1

Wow, those do look interesting. Might be worth checking out, thanks.

• Like 1

any time. Like I said, I haven't checked out the TLD pants and I am not putting down their products because they have tons of badass gear...just an alternative. :cheers:

Skin

Subscribed...  I need some vented pants too.  90+ and humid last weekend and 7 hours of riding.  My cheap Fly pants have been great but it was like wearing a rubber wet suit last weekend.  Plus it would be nice having vents after chili night so my pants don't blow up like a balloon.  Hmmm does anyone make vented jeans?  Ugh!  The wife is hitting me again... Gotta go.

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1

i'm currently rocking the GP air pants and jersey and it feels like wearing nothing honestly, hour and a half hare scrambles and i'm no where near as hot as i used to be when i wore my fly evolution. i think i got my set for $120

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkInM4n said:

I don't have any experience with TLD moto gear, but they make awesome MTB gear. I wear Thor Fuze Air pants and I love them. They hold up well and have vents in all the right places. Give them a look http://www.thormx.com/products/?categoryId=6262

Skin

Their mtn bike gear is very useful for moto.  I have a pair of their older model elbow guards that are great.  These:

troy-lee-designs-e-lite-elbow-guards_400

• Like 2

I feel you on that. I wear Fox DH MTB knee and elbow pads when I ride my dirtbike and wear my Alpinestar knee pads on my MTB. Seems like you can tailor gear across platforms 

:cheers:

Skin

I have multiple sets of the SE Air stuff, and I'm a big fan of it.  Definitely does the job in those 90+ degree days, great fit, and holds up extremely well.

I haven't actually worn the GP stuff, but after looking at them side-by-side, I think the SE is worth the extra $

• Like 1

Got a pair of the SE's coming, we'll see how they are. I bought another pair of the Moose Sahara's, and their new version is noticeably lighter than my previous pair. Also looking at Fuse air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drumiv said:

Got a pair of the SE's coming, we'll see how they are. I bought another pair of the Moose Sahara's, and their new version is noticeably lighter than my previous pair. Also looking at Fuse air.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Remember...it's not the heat, it's the humidity :lol:

Skin

Troy Lee is dwcent stuff and it runs true to size. GP is the budget gear but it is still decent. SE has a few more nice things. You can usually find non current year stuff cheap.

• Like 1

I usually try and get last year's colors for the same reason...cheaper

19 minutes ago, SkInM4n said:

I usually try and get last year's colors for the same reason...cheaper

Motorcycle Closeouts is a good place to find cheap deals on gear.  I got a complete set of Scott gear a while back for under 40 bucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Motorcycle Closeouts is a good place to find cheap deals on gear.  I got a complete set of Scott gear a while back for under 40 bucks.

damn...I will give them a look. That's CHEAP!

Skin

5 hours ago, SkInM4n said:

damn...I will give them a look. That's CHEAP!

Skin

Same here, never heard of them. I definitely buy the old stock, unless it's just some outrageous color. Appreciate all the good advice. FYI; the Moose Sahara is very good, and priced well. Just looking for alternatives.