Three Trails OHV/Mowich

I've never been to these places before but I am planning to camp and ride there for 2 days. Is there good riding? Is it similar to 2510/Millican, or China Hat or is it more singletrack forest riding? Is the place big enough to ride for 2 days?

Thanks for your advice!

11 minutes ago, rlucas1986 said:

I've never been to these places before but I am planning to camp and ride there for 2 days. Is there good riding? Is it similar to 2510/Millican, or China Hat or is it more singletrack forest riding? Is the place big enough to ride for 2 days?

Thanks for your advice!

Yes, more singletrack oriented and in the trees than millican and China Hat.  For sure, enough for 2 days of riding.  

Very fun riding!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Yes, more singletrack oriented and in the trees than millican and China Hat.  For sure, enough for 2 days of riding.  

Very fun riding!  

Awesome! Good to hear. Coming from Portland, where is the best spot to camp/stage out of? Rivers North?

Just now, rlucas1986 said:

Awesome! Good to hear. Coming from Portland, where is the best spot to camp/stage out of? Rivers North?

Yes, the North staging area is better for camping.  There's no trail access connecting North to South with railroad tracks crossing between the two.  But the south staging area is 5 minutes down the road from the North so no big deal.

Definitely hit trails 13&59 on north side and 30/31 loop on south.  Fun!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Yes, the North staging area is better for camping.  There's no trail access connecting North to South with railroad tracks crossing between the two.  But the south staging area is 5 minutes down the road from the North so no big deal.

Definitely hit trails 13&59 on north side and 30/31 loop on south.  Fun!!!!

Excellent! We're leaving this Friday coming back Sunday. Want to come? 

Just now, rlucas1986 said:

Excellent! We're leaving this Friday coming back Sunday. Want to come? 

Really appreciate the offer!  I would love to, but I'm leaning Sat for a week long riding trip myself!

Have fun down there.  You'll enjoy it I'm sure.  There's nothing technical, but lots of fun flowing singletrack.  

2 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Really appreciate the offer!  I would love to, but I'm leaning Sat for a week long riding trip myself!

Have fun down there.  You'll enjoy it I'm sure.  There's nothing technical, but lots of fun flowing singletrack.  

I'm sure it will be a blast. A week long riding trip sounds like a dream come true, have fun, and thanks for the good advice!

woods rider ( @woods-rider ) and I were out there last month, LOTSSS of mosquitoes as theres a bit of standing water spots around.  if we woodnt have stayed up so late the night before, we could have ridden the whole place in a day.

But thats the 2 of us hauling the mail.  if ur just out at a slower/moderate pace and stoping at the senic spots then 2 days could be made of it.  we crossed the tracks at a rail road tracks mentioned above.  we say maybe 2 bikes, but we rode it on a friday.  also we camped at the southern one and there was only a hint of hwy noise, but no one around to tell us to quite down or turn off the music.  

there were guys staging at the north section, but we didn't encounter them on the trails.  deff single track -bar wide- forested, but the groud composition is the same as EFR.  sounds like a good trip but work and comming EMT class got me busy until early sept.

have fun!!! 

Edited by brute448
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, brute448 said:

woods rider ( @woods-rider ) and I were out there last month, LOTSSS of mosquitoes as theres a bit of standing water spots around.  if we woodnt have stayed up so late the night before, we could have ridden the whole place in a day.

But thats the 2 of us hauling the mail.  if ur just out at a slower/moderate pace and stoping at the senic spots then 2 days could be made of it.  we crossed the tracks at a rail road tracks mentioned above.  we say maybe 2 bikes, but we rode it on a friday.  also we camped at the southern one and there was only a hint of hwy noise, but no one around to tell us to quite down or turn off the music.  

there were guys staging at the north section, but we didn't encounter them on the trails.  deff single track -bar wide- forested, but the groud composition is the same as EFR.  sounds like a good trip but work and comming EMT class got me busy until early sept.

have fun!!! 

Thanks, Marc! Good luck with the EMT Class, too bad you can't come. Kyle is welcome to join us, it will be a fast paced ride, so he'd enjoy it!

• Like 1

Your not suppose to cross the tracks but to make good loops you have too. Go explore and you'll maybe find some trails not on the map? 

Conditions were good yesterday, some dust though it rained this weekend, if we do not get any more rain, which it's not looking like we will, it will be very dusty by the weekend. 

Don't forget bug spray, a lot. 

If you like it come back in late October or November when the conditions are good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TommyB 754 said:

Your not suppose to cross the tracks but to make good loops you have too. Go explore and you'll maybe find some trails not on the map? 

Conditions were good yesterday, some dust though it rained this weekend, if we do not get any more rain, which it's not looking like we will, it will be very dusty by the weekend. 

Don't forget bug spray, a lot. 

If you like it come back in late October or November when the conditions are good. 

Good info, thanks! Rain on Friday!!!