Looking at a '14 300 XC-W

An opportunity came up on a 14 300 XCW. it only has 14 hrs on it and the guy has done about everything you can. Rekluse, S3 head, skidplate, exhuast, scotts damper with triples. Anything I should look at or stay away from?

Coming from a YZ250 but I figured rather than spend a pile making mine more woods bike a could just buy this one. I was looking at the '18 TPI bikes but I'm afraid of buying a first year and it looks like they are going to be next to impossible to get the first year.

An opportunity came up on a 14 300 XCW. it only has 14 hrs on it and the guy has done about everything you can. Rekluse, S3 head, skidplate, exhuast, scotts damper with triples. Anything I should look at or stay away from?
Coming from a YZ250 but I figured rather than spend a pile making mine more woods bike a could just buy this one. I was looking at the '18 TPI bikes but I'm afraid of buying a first year and it looks like they are going to be next to impossible to get the first year.

What's the price and general location.
With those mods and those hours you'd pay $5000-$6000 here in AZ
Personally if you are looking at getting on the Orange Kool-Aid I'd jump on it if the price is right.
14hrs is basically brand new.

Seems like a lot of aftermarket stuff for only 14 hours. Hour meter on the bike? Does it look like 14 hours?

Well it followed me home, there is literally nothing I could do to this bike. It is like new. Lots of anodized billet parts. High performance water pump impeller, silicone hoses, Gnarly pipe with powercore2 and a new turbinecore 2. Lithium battery, fork bleeders, map switch and the suspension had been revalved/sprung for my weight. The price is higher in Canada but it was about $700 more than a stock bike with 200hrs.

8F479C01-B374-4838-A1F1-167AC8E287DE_zps

Edited by zeddy
  • Like 6

good choice. BTW, you can't get a 2018 300XC TPI in the US, and its gonna be hard to get a 250XC TPI. Very limited numbers available according to KTM's press releases.

Mass availability of TPI two strokes is 2019 in the US (and maybe Canada?)

I paid 7700 with a spare fmf  exhaust  new grips spare cylinder the original lights and a bunch of other parts. 

The dealer said they only expect to see one or possibly two 250tpi's but they were told there will be a retrofit kit for 17+ bikes

• Like 1

It's hard right now as they are blowing out the 17s  In Ontario 2017 250 XCW $8350 brand new from dealer.

Edited by yu130960

1 hour ago, yu130960 said:

It's hard right now as they are blowing out the 17s  In Ontario 2017 250 XCW $8350 brand new from dealer.

That isn't much of a blow-out price, depending on $C vs $US.

I paid $9100($US) for my brand new 17 300 XCW back in August. The 250s were always about a grand cheaper than the 300s, which is just about exactly what the 300 upsize kit cost.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, zeddy said:

I paid 7700 with a spare fmf  exhaust  new grips spare cylinder the original lights and a bunch of other parts. 

The dealer said they only expect to see one or possibly two 250tpi's but they were told there will be a retrofit kit for 17+ bikes

do you know what the retail for in Canada? aren't bikes something like 2-3000 more in Canada? you did VERY good on finding, and buying, that bike.

wow. im jealous.   he paid $6000 USD for that bike BTW.

hope this wasnt a kijiji find that I missed out on haha!!!!

hell of a deal.

91kdx... a 18 ktm 300 xcw is 10,600 canadian + other fees.  8200 USD.

my buddy just picked up a 17 ktm 300 xc for $10,400 OTD... $8000 USD brand new.   the same guy traded in his ridden hard, 50 hour 16 ktm 250 xc for $4000 CAD/3100 USD. he got hit hard by that stealership.

theres a few 14 300 xcw (same as OP got) on kijiji for 6800-7000 CAD range.  nowhere near the parts, and 40+ hours.  he got a HELL of a deal.  ive already got two bikes.... but I woulda bought that one too since the deal was so good.

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 1

Out here in BC, a 200hr bike with no options is going for near the same price. I keep findin more mods. He did just about everything. I have put 15 hrs on it already.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:30 AM, pat22043 said:

That isn't much of a blow-out price, depending on $C vs $US.

I paid $9100($US) for my brand new 17 300 XCW back in August. The 250s were always about a grand cheaper than the 300s, which is just about exactly what the 300 upsize kit cost.

no, the price difference has been 100 or $200 for years, probably much longer.

Edited by 91kdx25088