Passed my road test today, yay-me!

I had taken the road test some 20 years ago on a ZX-9.  The tester was cruel to me and made me do circles both ways with my handlebars lock to lock.  He made me ride at him, then stop and not have my feet touch down for like a 3-count, but I did it all as I have mad-skillz. 

I let my license expire some time ago and went for the MA road test today.  The best/worst part is first, the safety check.  Horn, almost nothing from the horn.  WTF!  I put a Denali Soundbomb Mini as one of the very first mods, last time I used the horn, it worked, then the very second I need it, it does not work.  Thankfully the tester didn't make me worry about it, told me to get it fixed and we moved on.  I have an email to Revzilla to see if it is still warranteed as I've only had it since I've had the bike, maybe 4 months, tops.  

Circles around a cone 2x both ways, easy as he didn't specify how wide a circle I could make, then massive figure 8's around both him and the cone which must have been at least 20 feet apart. 

I had to ride down an aisle in a massive, busy shopping plaza parking lot, stop at the stop sign-which he pointed out, take a right, ride at him while doing all the hand signals, then done.  Pass.  

Dirt riders will almost always be better riders on the street than streetbikers that never ride on dirt.  Agreed?  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 2

Congrats Ben! My girl took the MSF class last month which is highly recommend. She was the only woman in the class and got the 2nd highest combined road/classroom score. The top guy was an avid dirt biker! Half the battle is understanding how the bike operates, clutch friction zone, balance, applying brakes etc.... the other half is avoiding the morons trying to hit you on the road... be safe out there!

stock-vector-dirt-bike-motorcycle-rider-

Edited by MarantzManiac

6 minutes ago, MarantzManiac said:

Congrats Ben! My girl took the MSF class last month which is highly recommend. She was the only woman in the class and got the 2nd highest combined road/classroom score. The top guy was an avid dirt biker! Half the battle is understanding how the bike operates, clutch friction zone, balance, applying brakes etc.... the other half is avoiding the morons trying to hit you on the road... be safe out there!

Thanks.  

I agree, that the MSF courses are the very best, especially for those starting from zero.  

One of my best friends, who had broken his leg on a 1989 V-Max, back in 1989, then didn't get back on a streetbike until 2 summers ago, took the course as he got a Harley Davidson EVO and wanted to make sure he did it right this time as getting older, he knows his limits nowadays.  

I took my test on the RR-S which is such a simple bike to ride on the road.  I even have the 15T front sprocket which I might change out after work to the 13T as I have realized that it is tough to crawl on the trail as well as the ultra gnarly trails I had ridden this past Sunday where I was not quick enough on the clutch to prevent the stalls, now I can see the value of the Rekluse, but not enough to want to spend the $900, not yet anyway.  

Thankfully our test here in MA is easy but I agree, one does need to have a very good feel for their bike(s).  

Beta=Ground Superiority

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 1