Here's an odd one - I didn't know where to post this, so here it is! I've been looking to get into motovlogging for a while now; Offroad, at least for the time being, until I can get my license. I don't have a lot of money, so I've been considering purchasing a geekpro eov1 camera and a Sony ECM-ES3 mic. The only problem with this setup is that the geekpro has no external mic port. Uh-Oh! So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a small "box" that I could plug a non-powered external mic into and record. The "box" would have to be able to fit into my helmet, under a cheek pad or something, and preferably have an adjustable gain setting. Thank you to everyone who responds!

No idea on the audio recording device you're looking for, but.. If you can mount the camera on the front of your chin bar, or close to the front on the side of it, the mic on the camera itself may be able to pick up your voice well enough to work. My GoPro, hanging from the under side of my visor picks up my voice very plainly, no other mic needed.

• Like 1

Ok, here's the Wiki description of a "motovlog" (a person who makes motovlogs is what is called a "motovlogger")..  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motovlog

I subscribe to over a dozen different motovloggers (both dirt and street, but none that are mentioned in the Wiki description) because it's interesting to hear other people's outlooks on riding, along with seeing the parts of the country, roads, and trails, that they are riding.

2 minutes ago, wielywilly-g said:

So you talk while riding with a cam then post on the tube...  How about if you just make noises but there not actually words unless you crash @#$%^%&? No MotoradVRlaggeist then?

Umm yeah, something like that.. ?
The rest of the world isn't for everyone. I lived in Illinois for two years, can understand why you wouldn't want to see where anyone else is riding. Isolation is probably happiness. ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Still Bill said:

What is "Motovlogging"?

how to motovlog:

1. Ride something that takes no concentration so you can focus on babbling about something

2. During the riding portion be sure to be on the lookout for anything that could be used as clickbait. Example drive over a 6" rock on your moms dr200? title should be "EXTREME ENDURO on the DRZ400". See a cop pull someone over on the ride? "EPIC POLICE CHASE DIRTBIKE"

3. Spend hours trying to edit the babble in to something coherent. (this step is considered optional by most motovloggers)

4. Post to youtube, beg for subscribers.

• Like 6

I've ran across several like Wild Alaskan describes. They usually don't last very long, post lame/fake stuff and people will start calling you out on it. Everybody has their own style and area, doesn't always need to be "epic", or "near death" stuff (but we'll take it if you got it), just something you're having fun doing. Keep it real and post it as what it is, chances are others will enjoy watching it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Vlogging?

If I shoot this desert eagle at this book when it is against a hard surface, the bullet doesn't make it all the way through. When I hold the book in front of my soft chest, the 50 cal goes right thru into my heart.. Charles Darwin teaches physics 101 again.

• Like 1