Fork bushing question

Okay guys Im not sure exactly how this works after I pulled the fork tubes apart.  I'm changing a fork seal and my bushing looked fine when you determine  by the wear marks on the inside of the bushing.   My question is, are the bushings supposed to slide over eachother when installing or do they rest adjacent of eachother. Shoulder to shoulder if you will. The bottom bushing stays put but the thinner bushing can slide up and over the bottom bushing towards the outer diameter tube. Will it stay put or do I need to replace the thinner bushing?  Is that how it's supposed to function? Does it seat inside the outer tube?

20170614_200817.jpg

Number 2 moving to the right. At the end is another bushing that's not listed. I would think that #2 bushing  would not be able to slip over the end bushing.  Anyone have any incite.  Don't want my fork blowing up on me going down the road haha

Hey Jason, no the bushings shouldn't slide over each other, you should just take them off in order and back on in reverse. Clip, seal, washer, top bush, bottom bush. But you will need a good seal installer tool to get that top bushing and seal in deep enough to get the clip in, without damaging the seal.