Orange Yamaha yz80 pics

I'm building an orange Yamaha just for something different, it's a 1989 yz80 and I have rebuilt the engine with all new bearings and seals, rebuilt crank and wiseco top end, still have a loooong way to go but here's where she's at now, planning on a full pro circuit exhaust, pwk carb off a newer 85, orange swing arm and triples and black wheels to name a few thingsIMG_1719.JPGIMG_1722.JPG

• Like 4

Color is color, it doesn't determine the quality and performance. I like your color choice. Pretty neat idea actually. Please post more, I'd love to see the finished product!

Like the idea, I see it in traditional style Yamaha graphics except instead of white on blue they're white on orange, but that's me. Naturally being from TN, I'm a Big Orange fan. :thumbsup:

Edited by jms130

Well it's been a long while since I've posted and a lot of work and effort has been poured into the build, this is a nut and bolt resto/mod so it's taking me a real long time( it's been 2 years now) , specially when its constantly on the back burner with other projects, anyway here's a pic of how I picked the bike up, the next few posts will be pic heavy!!

IMG_20160619_132159.jpg

Somewhere during this time I threw out the entire rear axle assembly, spacers and all and it's taken me the best part of 6 months to track down replacements for everything and cost about 100 bucks but they're finally on the way, keeping track of parts is important!