Enduro Racing on Alta Motors Redshift MX (video)

Hey Everyone, 

I just wanted to give everyone an update on how the Alta Redshift MX did at the RMEC Hard Rock Enduro in Colorado. Don was able to get a 2nd place finish (would have been first if not for a flat rear tire) in the A 50 + class and 17th overall. The bike was absolutely amazing on the technical rocky terrain. 

Race Info:

• 6 laps that averaged 23 minutes per lap
  • a little over 2 hours of actual racing time
  • Don was able to sneak in about 35-40 minutes of charging total using a 220v generator.
  • Raced the entire race in Map 1 on the Alta

The Alta does require a little more strategy for Longer format Enduro racing, but it is very competitive against gas bikes! 

Here is the link to the YouTube video of the race from Don's helmet cam.

• Like 7

Alta Motors Joins on as EnduroCross Partner for 2017

Showcasing the high-performance Redshift MX electric bike

unnamed.jpg

IRVINE, CALIF. (July 31, 2017) – Alta has already proven the capability of their Redshift MX electric bike at EnduroCross. During the first official race for the bike at the 2016 Phoenix EnduroCross, Kurt Nicoll took the vet class win with a last lap pass. For 2017, Alta will become an official partner with the AMA EnduroCross series to help show off the bike to all the racers and fans.

“The extreme obstacles encountered during an EnduroCross race allow the Alta Redshift MX to demonstrate its benefits over the competition,” stated Jon Bekefy, Director of Marketing at Alta Motors. “Riders no longer need to worry about a clutch or shifting during competition and the bike will not stall, which makes those moments less disruptive. Now our riders can focus on clearing the obstacles, which is a big advantage. We're excited to be entering the Pro Class this year and showcasing the advantages of the Redshift MX.”

You can learn more about Alta motorcycles here: www.altamotors.co 

The 2017 AMA EnduroCross series, presented by Moose racing and PJ1 will include seven rounds, starting on August 19th inside the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.

2017 AMA EnduroCross Championship Schedule
Date  -  Location  -  Arena 

August 19, 2017  -  Las Vegas, Nevada  -  Orleans Arena
September 23, 2017  -  Reno, Nevada  -  Reno – Sparks Livestock Events Center
September 30, 2017  -  Denver, Colorado  -  National Western Events Center
October 14, 2017  -  Everett, Washington  -  XFINITY Arena
October 28, 2017  -  Scottsdale, Arizona  -  WestWorld
November 4, 2017  -  Boise, Idaho  -  Ford Idaho Center
November 18, 2017  -  Ontario, California  -  Citizens Business Bank Arena

22 minutes ago, Monk said:

If you could have a second battery pack that could easily be swapped in/out, I would seriously consider buying one. Unfortunately our races can run well into 4hrs... 

@almost double the price to a brand new yz250 with a suspension which is most likely the best still on the market. And the second battery comes @ how much. Than the bike weights 40 pound more than the YZ250 that is quite a lot.  

2 hours ago, arnego2 said:

@almost double the price to a brand new yz250 with a suspension which is most likely the best still on the market. And the second battery comes @ how much. Than the bike weights 40 pound more than the YZ250 that is quite a lot.  

We have a full OHV shutdown in the Province of BC due to wildfires. I have a little bit of land I could build a small EX course, but I couldn't ride it due to the noise of my 350. The Alta would solve that problem... 

2 minutes ago, arnego2 said:

If money is not an issue go for it ;)

Specifically for that reason, no I wouldn't buy one. I need the battery life... Hence why if you had batteries that were quickly changeable, much like a drill, I would be interested... 

5 minutes ago, Monk said:

Specifically for that reason, no I wouldn't buy one. I need the battery life... Hence why if you had batteries that were quickly changeable, much like a drill, I would be interested... 

Here is the bike you have been waiting for Monk. 

Dewalt-Bike.png

• Like 3

I love the haters...I bought a Freeride E and I was worn out before the bike was done.  Plus riding around the house while the neighbors are non the wiser is priceless.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wwetmor said:

I love the haters...I bought a Freeride E and I was worn out before the bike was done.  Plus riding around the house while the neighbors are non the wiser is priceless.  

Than clearly you're out of shape if you can't ride an hour...

No one is necessarily hating on anything either, just stating facts... 

• Like 2

Is that why motos are 20 min....those guys must be way out of shape. :thumbsup:

I seriously want to buy an Electric Motion trials bike but the damn battery issue is a huge draw back. Talking with one guy who has one, he kills the battery in 1 hour of hard riding. That makes the bike no less than a damn toy to play with around the house. I like that company's are doing what they are doing with the builds and R&D but they're selling the "toys" they have now for way too much money.
Electric Motion wants $1500 more for their bike than I paid for my Sherco 300 factory with Ohlins and a host of other high end components. Plus they wanted another $2500 for a 2nd battery. W T F is wrong with these companies charging so much for new technology.
On that same topic the wife and I were down looking at a new Tesla 3...screw that too.

11 minutes ago, wwetmor said:

Is that why motos are 20 min....those guys must be way out of shape. :thumbsup:

Was there any mention of a MX application in the thread? We were talking more specifically to offroad... The majority of bikes sold are not used for only 20min at a time or even on a MX track, but mainly just trail riding.

Maybe your MX only approach would be better suited over at Vital!?

I rode hard for one hour and was exhausted.  The bike is no toy and very well built.

under the ktm pilot program the price was fair

Oh I'm sure it's well built, so is the Electric Motion trials bike. But if they and all other companies don't their heads out of their butts, this technology is going to be very slow to take off.
No different than solar power for the typical house hold. Still cost prohibitive for what you get out of it.