TTR 250 Rear Spring Source

Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2005 Yamaha TTR 250 for my father and have been doing some overdue maintenance to get it ready for him for fathers day.  among one of the items on my list is to setup the suspension for his rider weight.  I have found front fork springs and rebuild kits, but have not had any luck finding a source for rear springs for heavier riders.  He is 275 geared up and the stock spring is just struggling as well as the forks.  I am about the same weight and the bike feels terribly soft and this leads to a feeling of mushyness that does not inspire confidence at all.  i do plan on doing the mods described for the forks, rebuild, reseal, rebush, and respring along with some fork oil tuning maybe some 10wt oil, but for the rear I just turn up zilch.  i contacted factory connection and they sent me to BBR but they don't list anything bigger than the ttr125.

any insights?  Racetech is stating a factory rear spring rate of 5.7kg/mm  and recommending a 6.7kg/mm upgrade for his riding style and weight in the rear and for the front a .45kg/mm set of fork springs.

I am also going through the entire rear swing arm and link system and installing new All Balls bearing kits.  I feel this bike is perfect for him with some TLC and proper setup and tons of info is out there until you get to the rear shock spring...lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards!

Chris

On 6/15/2017 at 11:47 AM, FBRConcepts said:

Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2005 Yamaha TTR 250 for my father and have been doing some overdue maintenance to get it ready for him for fathers day.  among one of the items on my list is to setup the suspension for his rider weight.  I have found front fork springs and rebuild kits, but have not had any luck finding a source for rear springs for heavier riders.  He is 275 geared up and the stock spring is just struggling as well as the forks.  I am about the same weight and the bike feels terribly soft and this leads to a feeling of mushyness that does not inspire confidence at all.  i do plan on doing the mods described for the forks, rebuild, reseal, rebush, and respring along with some fork oil tuning maybe some 10wt oil, but for the rear I just turn up zilch.  i contacted factory connection and they sent me to BBR but they don't list anything bigger than the ttr125.

any insights?  Racetech is stating a factory rear spring rate of 5.7kg/mm  and recommending a 6.7kg/mm upgrade for his riding style and weight in the rear and for the front a .45kg/mm set of fork springs.

I am also going through the entire rear swing arm and link system and installing new All Balls bearing kits.  I feel this bike is perfect for him with some TLC and proper setup and tons of info is out there until you get to the rear shock spring...lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards!

Chris

Cannon Racecraft makes springs for this bike 

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cannon-racecraft-application-chart.pdf