is it possible to install the stator upside down?

I just rebuilt my 04 rmz250 this year , new evrything minus the tires, grips and fork seals. Ran the big bore too! That being said i was breaking the new motor in 5.5 hrs into the day i lost all spark coming out of a double and caused a gnarly digger. The stator was brand new, but came with no install instructions. So looking back the lighting coil wires seemed to be smashed under the housing . should they be on the top or bottom . Factory doesn't come with this option so i have nothing to off of. Im looking at buying another stator to get back on the bike. I feel im healed enogh to ride again, but can't stand the thought of it happening again. I dropped $4,000.00 this year on the rebuild and would like to have total confidence in my bike.

i feel like i smashed the two yellow wires inbetween the case and the mounting bracket , and that has to be wrong. Ive been loosing sleep over it . $4,000 this rebuild , and my bike is still not running. I can't be sketched out not knowing if the bike is going to leave me in a dangerous situation again, scared riding can get u hurt or worse .

11 hours ago, BUILT NOT BOUGHT RMZ said:

yeah i ran an aftermarket stator with a lighting coil, ran a regulator/recitfier , switch , and mounted a 7" led light bar w/ 6 high output led's for a headlight

I had hoped so! Is there a warranty on the stator?

No taillight?? Baja designs sells a $30 wire harness that taps into your capicitor. I believe stock stator puts out 30 amps so get your hands dirty with the conversions see if you have enough juice. Local zook dealer put me on swears it runs his supermoto

Ya i have a tailight but its not on cause I just got a new fender and its like 125f where I ride right now.

My stators rewrapped with thicker gauge wire and dual out puts, (I copy Ricky)...never had a problem. 

no tail light yet, still throwing a few combos around. I might custom fab my rear fender with some led for tail light, and another set for brake light.

The stator i went with is  electrosport esl730 high out put stator. The last stator  I ran was 2 min into the heat cycle when a bolt backed out allowing the cps to kiss the flywheel and rip the contact off. So i cliped the old cps off and wired it in , pretty sure that voided the warranty... I have back up cdi and coil, which is the entire electrical system. So now i ordered another stator and they sent me a esg730, now im waitng on the correct one.