Sign in to follow this  

Wenatchee/Mad River Update

Does anyone have any info on the Mad River area trail conditions? Curious how many of the trails have been a cleared, and what trails are still closed. I'm thinking about heading over there on Sunday. Thanks!

Only a few trails cleared but a great time to pitch in and help clear some more out.

13 hours ago, Dave7787 said:

Does anyone have any info on the Mad River area trail conditions? Curious how many of the trails have been a cleared, and what trails are still closed. I'm thinking about heading over there on Sunday. Thanks!

Check in with Frank and pitch in. He has helped clear Mad trails for years and needs help this week end.

Joe

I heard all of the lower was open, and 1/2 of Alder ridge. Not sure what else there is to cut unless you can cross mad river

Isn't the upper under seasonal closure still.

I heard all of the lower was open, and 1/2 of Alder ridge. Not sure what else there is to cut unless you can cross mad river

So you haven't went to check the river yet?

I just contacted one of the ORV rangers out of Entiat. This is his response
"Landslides in between billy ridge and billy creek. Plus the trailcrew hasn't logged any of that out yet"
I then asked about the upper Mad area
"Possible early August. But more importantly not open until it's posted open. Make sure you let people know that since it's on thumpertalk. They can call Entiat Ranger District for the update on this. Ask for John"

On 6/16/2017 at 9:51 AM, shank said:

I just contacted one of the ORV rangers out of Entiat. This is his response
"Landslides in between billy ridge and billy creek. Plus the trailcrew hasn't logged any of that out yet"
I then asked about the upper Mad area
"Possible early August. But more importantly not open until it's posted open. Make sure you let people know that since it's on thumpertalk. They can call Entiat Ranger District for the update on this. Ask for John"

Possibly early August :bonk: 

On 6/16/2017 at 9:05 AM, Slackkinhard said:

They were lying!

On 6/17/2017 at 8:06 PM, 525rider said:

They were lying!

so what is left? Just going off this post?

Touratech Rally is this weekend in Plaine. There will be a few adventure bikes probably on the lower part of 1548 that follows Chiwawa River valley. Last year we went and there were just a handful.  Hmm, going to be late getting to the high alpine.