lowering my klx450

hi, i want to lower my klx 450, what is the best way/linkage to do this and does it change the balance of the bike very much? iam 58 yrs old 5ft 6" short legs :ride:

One way is a lowering link and push the front forks through the clamps to lower the front,the problem with using lowering links is that it lowers the bike but you still have full suspension travel,if you bottom out the suspension then you will have the tyre impact the rear guard and airbox area,same with the front wheel and fender The best way to lower the bike is to use travel limiting spacers,these will lower the bike and limit the suspension travel,can be reversed also,shaving the seat foam down may also help you to get your feet down

Edited by ozglenn

Devol transformer. Drops the rear 3/4 inch. 10 mm in the front. It made the bike way easier to handle in tight stuff. Shave the seat down a touch. I'm 5'8" with alligator inseam.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vanschoyck said:

I have a lowering link for saleIMG_20170419_205435398.jpg

how much are you asking for it? it looks a little beat up, are the bearings in good shape?

how much are you asking for it? it looks a little beat up, are the bearings in good shape?

It's just a little dirty. The bearing is like new. Send me a PM make me an offer?

Hi,

I used a Kouba Link on mine (very simislr to the above Devol).  Works a treat.  It is my experiance that unless you are racing the bike (or going really hard) you will not have too many issues with bottoming suspention.  If this is going to be an issue you can get a new "knuckle" part of the linkage that changes the overall ratio of the rear travel.  I have had the lowering link on the bike for about 10 Months now and would not go back.  Handling in tight tracks is supperb and the over all ease of ride is improved for my short legs (I'm 1.72 metres).