Sign in to follow this  

How much do brand ambassadors get paid do you think?

So, 10 years after retiring RC is still riding Suzuki, and folks like RV,MC and Emig are riding brands like Kawi & Husqvarna. How much money do you think these guys get paid? I'm sure some do testing, appearances, etc. Some do more (RC), and some I don't see much of (Emig).

They get paid as much as the market will bear.

Pro racers get paid to win and promote. The better a job they do and the better they negotiate a contract, the more they get. Most pros make very little compared to the time they invest and risk they take.

• Like 1

I was at the track a few days ago and actually saw one of the brand ambassadors on a brand new two stroke with new riding gear.  He did one lap and pulled in to the pits.  That's the kind of job I am looking for and I'd work for food too.

• Like 1

So the bottom line is that no one here has a clue.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 2

Bowman might know. I don't know how often he makes his way to the general forums though.

Think it depends on how long you've been retired and how fresh or stale your name is.. Poto retired and still has contracts that haven't expired. Shows up to some of our local events on bikes that aren't promoting anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highmarker said:

Think it depends on how long you've been retired and how fresh or stale your name is.. Poto retired and still has contracts that haven't expired. Shows up to some of our local events on bikes that aren't promoting anything.

But is he still affiliated with Kawasaki?

2 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

So the bottom line is that no one here has a clue.

Seems to be the case, not one straight answer")

RC seems to be the biggest of all. Promotes Suzuki, goes to Japan, does schools for RM riders, gets his RMZ and face all over including articles about RCU, Daytona SX, etc.