Best bike for large rider.

I'm looking for a lighter more aggressive bike, to replace my 01 xr650l.  Ive been looking at mostly all the 450's. I would appreciate any advice about a which bike I should choose. I ride a lot of tight rocky back woods trails. I'm worried about enough power to get my big ass up steep rooted,and rocky trails. Is there am advantage to a fourstroke over twostroke

Edited by 78valentine

How tall? How heavy? Im 6' and have a wr400f (sorta a 450) and a cr250r and i love them both. The 400 is super smooth and pulls until i dont want to go any faster, and the cr250 is super squirty and "quick" due to gearing. The truth is is that at my size most bikes will physically fit me, anything you get will need the suspension set up for your weight, the best fitting bike i ever had was my 06 525exc

2 minutes ago, twinstar king said:

How tall? How heavy? Im 6' and have a wr400f (sorta a 450) and a cr250r and i love them both. The 400 is super smooth and pulls until i dont want to go any faster, and the cr250 is super squirty and "quick" due to gearing. The truth is is that at my size most bikes will physically fit me, anything you get will need the suspension set up for your weight, the best fitting bike i ever had was my 06 525exc

I'm 6'6 and 260 lbs I have a xr650 great bike but really heavy and tall, a lot of energy to ride. She's not very nimble on two wheels

6 minutes ago, 78valentine said:

I'm 6'6 and 260 lbs I have a xr650 great bike but really heavy and tall, a lot of energy to ride. She's not very nimble on two wheels

Well your xr650 is not a real dirt bike, no offense i love my klr650 but they are not real dirt bikes they are dual sports and hthey are so heavy and so tall, have you ever ridden a mx bike?

I'm 6'2" and ride a yz250x I hated the stock bars but with some cr high bends on it I'm super comfortable on the bike. And it has more then enough power to drag me around

One of the off road 450s would suit you well. They will have more power that will embarass your 650 and be way more nimble. While a 250f is "fast" a bigger guy really has to ring their neck. Unless you have previous two stroke experience you may not enjoy it. They are even lighter than the 450 but require a bit different riding style.

Get a modern 450 and try them hills :ride: even 250s  twostroke fourstroke will haul you up any hill. Those xr,xl are mellow in comparison.  Especially a 450

On 16/06/2017 at 11:05 AM, dirt bike rider78 said:

My 08 kx250f brings the front wheel up in 5th with my 230 pound butt

Probably even gets up in neutral  :lol:

• Like 1