Suzuki RMZ quality

I know this  falls under the FAQ stuff but thought I would ask anyway.  I am strongly considering buying a new 2017 250 or 450 RMZ this Fall and wonder what you all think about RMZ durability compared to other brands.  I owned a low-hour 2007 RMZ 250 that was great but I sold my stuff that year and left the sport, at least for a bit, so I never raced or did track time on the bike.  I love the Suzuki philosophy about turning and such, as well as the midrange power of both size bikes.  I currently do MX track days on a 2014 YZ 250 smoker.  Just wondering if the RMZ will have less reliability or more needed for a slow C-class 50+ dude, at least when compared to Honda or Yamaha 4-srokes.

• Like 1

Had my 2015 apart at 47 hrs to do the topend and it was like new almost wished I never took it apart.

valves still have not moved.

I only ride mx and ride the living crap out of it( ride it like my  2stroke)

This is with proper maintenance filter and oil changed often.

Still don't like thinking about when/ if something happens though.say all the time that I probably would not fix it just make it a parts bike.

I honestly don't think I will have a issue though but you never know

• Like 1

With your level of riding, the 2017 rmz will last you a life time. It's extremely reliable with regular maintenance. But all bikes will be. I'm an avid Suzuki owner, will not ride anything else. Yeah, it's That good

• Like 1

Since the 250F is also fairly well-developed, or long in the tooth, depending on your viewpoint, would you say that it also is a reliable bike with oil/filter changes and staying off of the rev-limiter?  I weigh 185 so I am not too big for the 250, plus a better deal can be had on that bike.  When I bought my new YZ 250 at the end of 2015, my local Suzuki dealer had current year (2015) RMZ 250 for $4995 and 450 for $5995.  Both were so tempting.

I've got a 2006 rmz 450 and when I was riding yesterday this piece broke and the bike quit running. I need to know what this part is called so I can order a new one and get the bike back in time and running again. I have not got into the upper end yet; as this just happened yesterday. I do not believe the top end has Any damage except maybe a bent valve, the bike still has tons of compression and obviously turns over. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

20170618_182205.jpg

Edited by bbaker8

I'm a 54 year old recreational rider (track and trail) with a 2013 RMZ250. I bought it new and it has around 100 hours on it. At 86 hours, I had a leak test conducted and the valves checked. Everything was fine. I may have a top end done this winter just for piece of mind. Everything else on the bike has been fine.

I've got a 2006 rmz 450 and when I was riding yesterday this piece broke and the bike quit running. I need to know what this part is called so I can order a new one and get the bike back in time and running again. I have not got into the upper end yet; as this just happened yesterday. I do not believe the top end has Any damage except maybe a bent valve, the bike still has tons of compression and obviously turns over. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
20170618_182205.thumb.jpg.883d2f21dd97f6c288aff2b0477fb22d.jpg

A bent valve, is almost a catastrophic failure