pitbike trials

i got bored with doing typical trails on my pitbike so I started trying others things like trial bike things lol been fun but not working like I want so looking to do lots of mods to make it work, mostly wondering has anyone else tried to turn a pitbike into a trials bike if so what all was done? I'm thinking removing plastics an making a cage around engine, cutting rear part of frame where engine doesn't mount to, would like to upgrade engine but that's to come later engine now has been heavy modified is a 70cc but runs like a 110cc is a semi auto 4spd with sprocket swaps. what do you all think of this?

Cleveland Cycle Works makes a hybrid pit/trials bike, but it has purpose built frame not much like a regular pit bike. 

Instead of trying to make your bike into something it's not, you can still practice trials skills with it like slow riding, motionless balancing and wheelies & stopies. That stuff might be hard if your bike is auto clutch and has drum brakes, but you can still try.

Come to think of it, most of what makes a good stunt mini would apply to a trails mini too.

Maybe you can swap out the engine for a manual shift 125 and go up a few teeth on the rear sprocket. That will make it wheelie easier and pull harder with advantage of a clutch to make it all more in control.

• Like 1