93 KX 250 Project Bike ?

So what are your thoughts on this bike. I have been wanting a 90s KX 250 as a project/backup/play bike and I seen this bike on Craigslist asking $200. My main bike is an 08 KX 450 so this would not be ridden a whole lot. The bad side to this bike is no engine or radiators and not sure about the electronics yet. Ive seen the blue KX before and not fond of it, I would change back to green I think. Is this something anyone on here would persue or should I keep looking? I appreciate all input. I'm sure KDX garage and jeekenz can help me out here.

So what are your thoughts on this bike. I have been wanting a 90s KX 250 as a project/backup/play bike and I seen this bike on Craigslist asking $200. My main bike is an 08 KX 450 so this would not be ridden a whole lot. The bad side to this bike is no engine or radiators and not sure about the electronics yet. Ive seen the blue KX before and not fond of it, I would change back to green I think. Is this something anyone on here would persue or should I keep looking? I appreciate all input. I'm sure KDX garage and jeekenz can help me out here.

IMG_20170615_191521_325.jpgIMG_20170615_191501_881.jpg

Id buy it in heartbeat.  Blue forks are sweet I raced them 125s.  Please turn it back green tho :rolleyes: for 200$ be a sweet biuld. Good bike too:thumbsup: as long as most the engine is there be worth it I think anyway 

Edited by Motox367

Id buy it in heartbeat.  Blue forks are sweet I raced them 125s.  Please turn it back green tho :rolleyes: for 200$ be a sweet biuld. Good bike too:thumbsup: as long as most the engine is there be worth it I think anyway 

Thats the bad part. It has no engine with it lol. Just a roller.

1 minute ago, IraqvetUSMC said:

Thats the bad part. It has no engine with it lol. Just a roller.

Oh lol then I wouldn't.  But those blue forks may be worth 200 to someone 

Oh lol then I wouldn't.  But those blue forks may be worth 200 to someone 

Haha I figured even as a project bike it would probably be better to start off with a bike that has almost everything even if the motor was blown I'd still have a motor and all the electronics with it.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IraqvetUSMC said:

Haha I figured even as a project bike it would probably be better to start off with a bike that has almost everything even if the motor was blown I'd still have a motor and all the electronics with it.

As a kid I would've pushed that thing up hills just to ride it down tho lol 

• Like 1

As a kid I would've pushed that thing up hills just to ride it down tho lol 

Haha nice. I had a 94 kx 250 as a kid. That would actually be the project bike I would really want if I had to pick but I like them all.
  • Like 1

Find a running bike.  People ask stupid money for just engines when you can find a complete bike for the same cost.

That's what I thought. I will just save my money and find a steal that runs.

I found out all the ignition stuff is gone with the motor so I'd rather get a complete bike and go through it. I do like the blue forks though haha.