09 450 xcw stalling and not starting back up

Alright guys, I've got a really confusing issue that is driving me insane! The bike fires right up and runs great, but if I stall or shut it off on the trails it will not start back up. The last time it stalled out on me I ran the battery dead trying to restart with no luck, then kicked it until my legs fell off with still no luck, and ended up pushing it out of the woods. So here's the weird part, as soon as I get home and hook the bike up to the battery charger it fires right back up again!!! I recently cleaned the carb and am completely out of ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated bc I think I've pushed more miles than I've ridden this season. Thanks in advance!!!

I have heard of the pulse coil going bad when it gets hot..and won't restart till it cools off....might search the site for that info. 

Check to make sure your air mixture screw is in the right position. It could also be electrical. Either bad stator or cdi.

stator and or pulsar coils need to be checked, ideally when hot then rechecked when stone cold. This sounds like a classic short in the stator when hot.

Sorry everyone, I made a career change so the bike got put on the back burner. Update: I installed a brand new trail tech stator and went riding......and had the same problem. I was lazy and assumed it was the stator. Any suggestions on what next step should be? Also, how can I check pulsed coil? Thanks again

Edited by ThirdCoastRider

I don't think its electric, cause it doesn't stop until you shut it off . Its the restart once HOt

Are you  sure the valves are in good adjustment?

Edited by Spud786

It actually only happens when I stall out. And I've noticed that it seems that it stalls out easier if that helps at all. Yesterday I was creeping up a hill in first and the time before I took a corner slow. And no, I haven't checked the timing as of yet, probably a dumb question but if it were the valves would it run well for the first 30 min or so? When it runs it runs really well which makes it that much more annoying when it stalls out haha

Edited by ThirdCoastRider