03 525 SX Build

Love my bike, and didn't want to get a new one so about a year ago I started a rebuild!

So far, I've put in a Dr. Enduro dual sport kit and had Thumper Racing go through the engine with a 570 big bore and balance all the shafts.

Assembly in progress!!!

upload1497632019.783477.jpg

Any tips on swing arm reassembly it's being a PITA!!

Did you fit grease points to it

Not sure, put in new bearings etc. Are the dust caps supposed to be flush with swing arm? Mine stick out a "little" bit and it seems they're what are catching.

Im rebuilding my 03 450sx at the mo - sorry havent got to the swingarm bit yet

did you rebuild the swingarm ?

alot easier to put on without the wheel and shock still connected

• Like 1

Im rebuilding my 03 450sx at the mo - sorry havent got to the swingarm bit yet
did you rebuild the swingarm ?
alot easier to put on without the wheel and shock still connected

That was it. Not fighting the shock made it much easier to square up and slide in. Thanks!
  • Like 2

Yup, the summer got away from me with a new job but...... I just got in new parts, Christmas come early!!!! After the last go-around with the swing arm, I noticed the smallest metal slivers on the garage floor... upon further inspection there were two machined needle bearings on the floor. So, put in an order for all new swing bearings - should have done that the first time. Also got a new progressive spring, a little heavier as I’m not the 180lb rider the stock setup was built for. Hopefully I’ll be able to steal away this weekend and wrench for a minute. Only things left after that are stringing the chain, mounting the front blinkers, and I’m off!!

• Like 1

Yup, the summer got away from me with a new job but...... I just got in new parts, Christmas come early!!!! After the last go-around with the swing arm, I noticed the smallest metal slivers on the garage floor... upon further inspection there were two machined needle bearings on the floor. So, put in an order for all new swing bearings - should have done that the first time. Also got a new progressive spring, a little heavier as I’m not the 180lb rider the stock setup was built for. Hopefully I’ll be able to steal away this weekend and wrench for a minute. Only things left after that are stringing the chain, mounting the front blinkers, and I’m off!!
Cool ,don't forget to post up some pics