The real stator output

Ok, I know there is a ton of threads about similar stator questions...  '15 fc350 - the manual says output is 66W,  I see that the trail tech "high output" is 70W.  I want to add led lights and a fan.   Is the stock 66 watts enough to handle that without jacking up FI stuff?  I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

14 minutes ago, Chadolson said:

Ok, I know there is a ton of threads about similar stator questions...  '15 fc350 - the manual says output is 66W,  I see that the trail tech "high output" is 70W.  I want to add led lights and a fan.   Is the stock 66 watts enough to handle that without jacking up FI stuff?  I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

Stock stator will power one, or the other but not both (and it depends on your LED light). The initial kick of getting the fan on could be up to 70w needed. The battery will take the hit but will drain as time goes on and the fan/light work together. Not 100% read up on the TT stator, but the Ricky Stator makes claim to 70w available AFTER the bike uses what it needs to run. I would believe the TT stator is similar... The stock stator puts out 66w, but the bike uses about 30-35w to run only leaving you with 30-35w available... 

Mike from Ricky Stator clarified this by saying:

"66 watts is the raw un-used output of the stator before the rectifier loses some power converting AC to DC and before the fuel pump and ignition suck up power. Stock you have about 15 watts you can draw from the battery and still keep it charged for accessories  

The rating on our stator) 70 watts) is the usable amount of DC power available to you from the battery for accessories and still charge.

If we  were to give a rating like the manual we would say about 130 watts, but this would very misleading as that is not the amount of power available for accessories only the raw output of the stator."

That sold me.   I will be buying from them and I most certainly appreciate good customer service. 

Mike at Ricky Stator deserves a raise!

• Like 1