crank case help

I bought this yz125 to fix it up and sell it. It had something that sounded like piston slap. So I decided to tear it down. I just split the cases and took the crank out. I found what looks to be a piece of the needle bearing literally in the case. I want to know if I need to replace the 1 or both of the case halves or just make sure there's nothing sticking out and use the cases. The one with the grooves is clutch side. Also one of the clutch plates was broken and a piece was ground through the trans so I'm cleaning that out as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tmp_30973-20170616_182655-1888481815.jpg

tmp_30973-20170616_1827041264282882.jpg

To be perfectly honest.

Option 1)

If the case has no cracks in it, and the material is still thick, take photos (like the ones you have) clean it up, (take more photos), and rebuild it (take more photos). When you go to sell it, be 1,000,000,000% up front about what you did to it to rebuild it and produce the photos of the rebuild. If it is sound, (and I can't give you an answer because I am not there) it could hold together and last a good long time.

Option 2)

Replace the bad cases, bearings and all parts, and rebuild it. It will cost more, but you'll pass that off to the purchaser.

• Like 3

Im with p84, would deffo look ok at option one, get those bearings out. Have a real good look at the damage, like he says - if it's thick enough then it will probably be ok, I suppose any burrs can be dremeled down.

I would always try to salvage, if it's sound it's a cheaper option for you and you can pass the saving on to the buyer. Just be truthful about it all

• Like 1