Motul 7100 10W-40 Alternative

So I went to change my oil, drained it, replaced the filter and all, then realized that my amazon order of the manufacturer's recomended Motul 7100 4T 10W-40 hasen't shown up yet.  My question is, is there an alternative that I can use in the mean time?  Thanks in advance.

Once the gallon of Motul 7100 I bought on Amazon runs out, I'll just be going to my local VatoZone or OReily's and getting whatever 10W-40 motorcycle oil they have on the shelves.  

• Like 1

I'm sticking with recommended synthetic ester Motul stuff but it's your bike and to each his own. 

Folks do get a little religious bout oil around here but nobody ever got fired buying IBM... oops, I mean following Beta's specs :thumbsup:

0617171102g%201_zpsebpo8mft.jpg 

Edited by MarantzManiac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MarantzManiac said:

I'm sticking with recommended synthetic ester Motul stuff but it's your bike and to each his own. 

Folks do get a little religious bout oil around here but nobody ever got fired buying IBM... oops, I mean following Beta's specs :thumbsup:

0617171102g%201_zpsebpo8mft.jpg 

Think I will too.  Looks like I wont be riding for a few days I guess.  At least the wife will be happy.

If you want to find a similar product look for Group V oils (many labeled as ester).

Motul, Motorex, Redline, Bel Ray, Maxima, Liqui Moly, and others are out there. The difference is more in time between oil changes, assuming you won't overdue that then you should be fine with lots of other reasonable choices.

• Like 1

Just go to the local motorcycle shop and get some Motul 300V. Every bit as good (if not better) as the 7100 and pretty cheap as well. It runs about 10-15 bucks a liter.

Use any full synthetic 10-40 on the shelf. Your bike will never know the difference.

I buy the cheapest stuff I can, walmart brand (cant remember the name) full synth 10-40, costs me $4 per oil change. I change it about every 5 rides or so depending on how hard im running it. Every time I change my oil (because I do so often) the oil comes out looking as golden honey as it did going in.

Running oil well past its limits is far worse for your engine then 'picking the wrong brand', change it often and it doesn't matter.

Edited by gr4vitas
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, gr4vitas said:

Use any full synthetic 10-40 on the shelf. Your bike will never know the difference.

I buy the cheapest stuff I can, walmart brand (cant remember the name) full synth 10-40, costs me $4 per oil change. I change it about every 5 rides or so depending on how hard im running it. Every time I change my oil (because I do so often) the oil comes out looking as golden honey as it did going in.

Running oil well past its limits is far worse for your engine then 'picking the wrong brand', change it often and it doesn't matter.

At least for the motor-side, I like this perspective.  Buy cheap synthetic-even though it is not a very true synthetic, it is probably a lot better than most of us, I know for me, than most of will ever need.  

I'm so glad Beta has separated both the oils.