06 crf450r major Tran oil in engine

Crank seal or balancer seal bike has 25 hrs on full overhaul all bearings all seals all Oem parts. Please help so i have better idea which way to fo first. Also notice engine side looked little high last oil change. Now it's real full

4 hours ago, ramjetV8 said:

Crank seal or balancer seal bike has 25 hrs on full overhaul all bearings all seals all Oem parts. Please help so i have better idea which way to fo first. Also notice engine side looked little high last oil change. Now it's real full

some oil accumulates on the top of the cylinder head as well, If you tip the bike over it will drain down and raise the level on the glass!

Can anyone answer which seal is out when trans oil migrates to engine side. I know how to check oil. The sight glass was fine oil was measured then during ride clutch started acting up and clicking from that side shut down and oil is so far above gals laying it way over still cannot see top. I'm sure trans went to engine.

Someone said crank sends engine to trans and balance shaft send trans to engine. So I'm just trying to get expert clarification. So far it is two to two lol. I also need to find the info about using 08 crank seal as it is said to be better than 06. However I know the rebuild Honda seal I used was same Honda pt for 06, 07, 08 so I thought Honda updated the older ones.

Someone said crank sends engine to trans and balance shaft send trans to engine. So I'm just trying to get expert clarification. So far it is two to two lol. I also need to find the info about using 08 crank seal as it is said to be better than 06. However I know the rebuild Honda seal I used was same Honda pt for 06, 07, 08 so I thought Honda updated the older ones.

They both can migrate oil, Use oil seal 91202-MEY-671 from the later models. Its an improved seal and can be used on all 02 - 08 engines.

There's a 99.985267899285% chance its the right side crank seal. There's no reason to pull the engine, or tear it apart. Trust me. Ive seen this so many times its as predictable as the sun rise. Now, what you do need to do is drop some money on some loctite 609 bearing and seal setting compound for the installation.

You'll need a new right side crank seal. You may or may not need a clutch cover gasket, depending on how lucky you are. Ive done it without pulling the clutch basket, but its easier if you do. I even did this once and didn't drain the oil, just laid the bike on its side.

The boss where the seal sits needs to be squeaky clean. Reach in there with a couple Qtips and some gas or brake cleaner and get it good and dry. Then go around the outside of the new seal with the same, nice, clean dry. Apply the 609 to the entire OD of the seal. I put it around the the seal boss too, but sparingly. MAKE SURE THE SEAL IS SQUARE IN THE BOSS. If its not, the compression and suction can move the seal, regardless of the compound and it'll pull oil past the inner lips too.