is fuel rail problem already fixed in new 2017 models?

I mean do I have to get this kit or not.

Edited by motf

38 minutes ago, Monk said:

I have it, I feel it works... Others (who don't have one) say it's BS... 

but did you have stalling, acceleration problems before you got it?

48 minutes ago, motf said:

but did you have stalling, acceleration problems before you got it?

Yes, I had flame-out issues. Acceleration problems? No... 

Monk,  what else did you change? Mods are and endless combination of doing or not doing something. I haven't seen anything close to flameout- but my setup is map, desmog,reed removal, & FMF power core. 

Just now, Burnrider said:

Monk,  what else did you change? Mods are and endless combination of doing or not doing something. I haven't seen anything close to flameout- but my setup is map, desmog,reed removal, & FMF power core. 

Bigger difference between a 350xcf and your bike... 

I mean do I have to get this kit or not.

Motf, what makes you think the 2017 has an issue and needs a fuel rail? I rode a 17 and I could definitely feel a difference in mapping and torque in spots but it ran perfect just like my 2016 and my brother in law's 2012. The 17 felt great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deepseadan said:

Motf, what makes you think the 2017 has an issue and needs a fuel rail?

just this  video I posted, if newer bikes are not affected anymore that's great.

According to this guy original design of stock rail is bad.

Edited by motf

I think a lot of his information is good, but some of his products are more an acquired taste.  His bikes will only run 60 to 70 mph and never full pinned, so I keep that in mind.

What if I told you that dry filtering the airbox drain hole, causes a very slight hesitation when wacking the throttle at 60 or 70 mph?

I noticed my bike was pulling a lot of air from the airbox drain hole, so I try to dry filter it, and then noticed  alittle hiccup, from the loss of the free flowing air.

But My point, Id say the fuel rail is kinda like that, very subtle, may or may not be an obvious improvement. Atleast there's a guy who bought one recently in the last ten subject posts and it didn't correct his issue, but he may have a more serious fueling issue, that a different fuel rail will not have much effect on.

I like some of his stuff, but then he ruins it by saying everything is a must have item and your bike will run like crap without it.

Gas is a very low viscosity fluid, the fuel pump flows a stream, the injector sprays a mist. At the injector flow rate the gas is not having a problem making that bend. If you don't believe me, pull the 90 degree connector off, point it into a bucket and turn your ignition on. It should drain your tank in a matter of minutes vs WOT at what?, an hour?

My guess is the people that buy this should be adjusting the TPS first. It is an easy job, set way to low from the factory and everyone should have a DMM around the house anyway.

If you are convinced the 90 degree fitting will fix your problem, make that change only and report back on your massive power gains. No fair adding the EU map and adjusting the TPS at the same time.

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube.

• Like 3

According to this guy original design of stock rail is bad.

That's because he wants your money. It's his job to make his products sound better then what you have. I have a 17 and have no flameouts or issues. I personally think his products are overpriced and a waste of money.
  • Like 1

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube.

Especially when comments are disabled. I'll never knock anyone for trying to help the community, but if you put a video on the internet, make a bunch of claims, and then lock it down to comments, what's that all about? If you can't publicly defend claims don't publicly make them.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TomTopDog12 said:

I would never buy anything that guy sells. it's all bs if you ask me, guy doesn't let anybody comment, weird. 

:thumbsup:

Dave at ktmandhusky.com did not recommend that I purchase the fuel rail for my 2017 350 exc-f. I did purchase the end cap for the pipe turning it into a straight thru can. I also purchased the de smog kit, the Big Gunt kit and the device to set the TSP. My 2017 350 went from a choked out slug to a total ripper.  All for less than 500. I way stoked and highly recommend ktmandhusky.com.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canyonripper said:

Dave at ktmandhusky.com did not recommend that I purchase the fuel rail for my 2017 350 exc-f. I did purchase the end cap for the pipe turning it into a straight thru can. I also purchased the de smog kit, the Big Gunt kit and the device to set the TSP. My 2017 350 went from a choked out slug to a total ripper.  All for less than 500. I way stoked and highly recommend ktmandhusky.com.

Did he say why he didn't recommend the fuel rail for your model?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xrbrp said:

Did he say why he didn't recommend the fuel rail for your model?

No, he did not. His number is listed on the website.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canyonripper said:

No, he did not. His number is listed on the website.

Yes as is a bunch of other stuff including his email. I have he 90 degree installed on my acerbis tank because the dealer had me waiting about 4 weeks and the OEM one didn't arrive   I got the fuel rail too. But didn't install it yet 

Edited by xrbrp