Need Help Identifying Showa Fork O-Ring

Hi All,

2002 CR 250R 

I just pulled apart my forks to replace fluid and seals and noticed one cartridge had lost its bleed.  Last year I had a suspension shop re spring/valve and replace the free piston seal (not the problem here).

I found that the threaded intersection between the seal head and the aluminum cartridge body was sucking/blowing air when I cycled the cartridge.  When I drained the cartridge fluid, out poured half an o ring. The seal head was very loose on the fork body also.

I am trying to replace the o ring. The suspension shop sent me a new one, same one they used before, which proved to me in seconds it's not even close to right o ring.  Too small in axial and circumference diameter by a long shot.  Unimpressed by that one... It was likely cut and not working when I picked it up from them last year. 

The Honda schematic doesn't show this separation on the schematic and therefore no oring.  Internet searching hasn't yielded anything. See the pic I've attached.  Please tell me someone knows where I can find this oring!?!? 

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

I would contact Factory Connection.

For KYB parts there are nice shematics / part numbers easily available in .pdf format on Technical Touch USA's webpage,

for Showa stuff, I find it's quite harder to find infos online, always had good help with Factory Connection.

Edited by mlatour

Yes taking the other apart and getting it matched would surely work.  I was just hoping someone else had been through this themselves and would know what to order (faster).  

Anybody out there?

Better(worse) yet - just got off the phone with FC and the news was grim.  They don't know of a part number and rarely see it fail.  When they do, they use a cadaver fork!

I sent an inquiry to Showa in Japan maybe I'll get lucky.