Clutch lever reach?

Looking for some insight regarding a new clutch lever. I have a 15 yz250fx and I broke my stock clutch lever when I first got the bike. I had a moose adjustable clutch lever I found for cheap and tossed it on. I can't adjust the reach with it and I find my clutch fully engages right when it leaves my finger and is it out reach. It's ok for slipping but I can't drop the clutch and grab it again since it's to far away. Was looking at different clutch set ups with perch and lever such as ASV but I have no experience with something decent. I'm starting to get frustrated with this setup it feels unsafe since if I use the clutch to pop over a log i can't grab it again until I basically take my hand of the grip to grab the lever.

if you cant adjust your adjustable lever than it might be the nut operating the wrench that's loose.

• Like 1

The moose adjustable doesn't have to do with reach. All it has is 3 holes that changed leverage for a easier pull. It doesn't move the lever closer to the grip. 

You can move the lever in or out from the end of the bars, then up/down as needed but I'm using a SunLine V1 on my CRF and they are not cheep but the breakawy works great and you can use this to adjust the reach as needed on you have the about 1/4" of slack in the cable set (also really easy to adjust this when your riding if needed).

3_1024x1024.jpg.f954394e6be4f3b37fe11f51eea20a9b.jpg

There are many aftermarket clutch levers (Sunline, ASV, Protaper) that have adjustable reach. If you're having problems, buy one of these.