Mosko Moto Nomad tank bag on the 230

I wanted a tank bag but for numerous reasons, just wasn't digging the normal tank bags most guys are running.  It had nothing to do with the quality of them but rather the design.  I wanted something a little different.  As it so happened, I saw Mosko Moto was working on bringing a tank bag to market.  I waited a few months and as soon as it was available, went ahead and placed the order.  I installed it today. 

As expected, there's a couple minor glitches that MM is already aware of and are working on correcting.  Neither of the issues impact the functionality of the bag as it is installed on the bike.  It's primarily an issue of not being able to snap the waist strap when wearing it as a back pack.  It's really not a big deal to me right now and they've already contacted sellers to let them know they're addressing the issue and will resolve it.  I can wait. 

I was concerned about how the bag would sit on the bike and while not perfect, I think it fits pretty well.  The gas cap obviously doesn't allow the bag to sit flush on the tank but I knew that was going to be an issue.  I've got a few ideas on how to resolve that issue but am waiting until I have the chance to try some gas tank work anyways.  I still have some final tweaking to do on how it sits and tightening up the strap that goes around the frame ahead of the tank, but so far, I'm digging it.

Anyways, I thought y'all might be interested in seeing how this new item on the market looks on the bike.

IMG_0163_zpsc32yrk7s.jpg

IMG_0164_zpsqkvhyeus.jpg

IMG_0165_zpsuwb3lzpb.jpg

IMG_0167_zps6gcsymip.jpg

IMG_0166_zpspgkce2bz.jpg

IMG_0168_zpsrwfmdobm.jpg

I have not had a chance to try that tank bag out please keep reporting. So far we are all pleased with the side saddle bags,keeps weight down low.PTDC0171.thumb.JPG.bc99f71fc63097fa3dfe37385612a17f.JPG

1 minute ago, bajatrailrider said:

I have not had a chance to try that tank bag out please keep reporting. So far we are all pleased with the side saddle bags,keeps weight down low.

Once I've had a chance to get some miles on it, I'll report back.  I too plan to run some soft luggage, similarly mounted to how you have yours. 

• Like 1