MSR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!

I bought a pair of MSR boots, and lost a strap on about my 3rd ride. No big deal, I'll just order a few replacements, except that nobody seems to carry them. So, two and a half weeks ago, I shoot MSR a email to their customer service email address......nothing. No response. Three days later, I give them a call, and spoke to Matt, who seemed to be annoyed to be dealing with me, but said he'd send me a strap. Two weeks later, no strap. I call back and get Matts voicemail and leave him a message. No response. Two days later I call and nobody answers, so it forwards me to another voice mail, so I leave another message, and no response. I guess I'll mark MSR off my list of suitable products. 

• Like 1

I bought the Explorer Summit pants this winter and threw them in the wash after the first ride. Took them out of the machine and the strap for the ratcheting buckle had fallen off. E-mailed them 3 times over a month and still no response 5 months later.

I tweeted this thread to @msrmx

I've had good luck with their gear in the past.  Bought a pair of pants and a shirt.  Shirt has lasted a month and already starting to wear from the woods.

There is a reason why crap gear is so cheap.

I know all to well you get what you pay for when it comes to gear. I usually run Klim and TLD for that reason, but saw that MSR was offering a "high end" enduro style gear with close able vents and hip pockets and jumped all over it. Plus some nostalgic feeling giving money to a company started by a legend may have played into it slightly. Unfortunately their high end gear isn't worth half what they want for it.

I know all to well you get what you pay for when it comes to gear. I usually run Klim and TLD for that reason, but saw that MSR was offering a "high end" enduro style gear with close able vents and hip pockets and jumped all over it. Plus some nostalgic feeling giving money to a company started by a legend may have played into it slightly. Unfortunately their high end gear isn't worth half what they want for it.

I got the same gear and returned it as soon as I tried it on. Seemed cheaply made and didn't fit well. Back to Troy lee super comfortable and well made.

It's a shame a company like MSR went so far down hill.