2007 KLX 250 rear shock Problems

So I have a little problem I'm hoping someone has come across before. I replaced the shock head in the rear shock maybe 700km ago and that's mostly road km. Shock was working fine until the polished shock shaft came unscrewed from the bottom. I'm guessing the lock nut came loose somehow and the shaft unspun it's self.

I put everything back together but now the shock will compress easily but will not extend on its own. 

Flushed shock out thinking air got in and put new oil in with a new charge of nitrogen. When filling with nitrogen the shafts will barely extend back out.

The shaft doesn't look bent at all. As soon as it came apart I stopped to not cause anymore damage. 

A friend thinks I need a new bladder but it was fine before it came unscrewed.

Thoughts?

The rebound adjuster is not allowing fluid to move

The rebound adjuster is on the bottom of the sock shaft? Away from the shock head seals?  Is there any moving parts at the bottom of the shaft? I know the adjuster is working I can turn it and watch it move in and out but I couldnt tell if the little pin attached to the bottom of the shaft is fixed or if it moves in and out. because at the moment its stuck in I believe if it can move.

See that needle like small pin shaft. Does that run inside the shock shaft? When my shock came apart I think the needle must have gotten stuck inside.

shock shaft.JPG

Most of the time you simply put the rebound adjuster fully open, then push the rebound rod down with a Allen key , then check you can get air to pass down the shaft past the rod and out the exit holes

I think the rebound rod end got a little mushroomed when the bottom of the shafts came un threaded and might have hit once or twice.

Hopefully I can get it free and clean it up so it's at least functioning again.