KTM/Husky Break In Procedures

If these motors get run on the dyno before they ever get stuck in a chassis and shipped out of the factory, then why is there such a ridiculous break in procedure specified in the manual? 

One hour under 7k rpm (don't have a tach, so how is the operator supposed to know?), then 3 hours under 75% seems a bit ridiculous. Enter the millionth engine break-in debate on the internet. The way I have always broken in my engines look something more akin to this: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm . Then I change the oil after the first hour and usually again 3-4 hours later. 

Side note, make sure you guys are checking EVERYTHING before your first ride. The front wheel on my FX450 had a wobble that was definitely out of spec, so its back in for warranty work.

Edited by CSAR FE

I just take it easy for 20 minutes , cool then do 20 minutes at half throttle, cool then 20 minutes at 75% , cool that's it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mog said:

I just take it easy for 20 minutes , cool then do 20 minutes at half throttle, cool then 20 minutes at 75% , cool that's it

That's been how I've done it historically and never had an issue. Thanks, Mog.