Donkey day

Saturday was a special day at the Donks . I picked up mr Wolf at 5:35am ( I know ,right???) so of you know that the wolf and I haven't gotten along for a while. Anyhow that is water under the bridge. A little back story is that it was I who brought him to our group of riders initially. We had some breakfast and good stories all the way to Donks , that I forgot to gas up the 4 stroke. Still not really experienced in putting gas in something other than a 2 stroke. Donk gives me some gas that he had and off the 3 of us go. It was already getting warm and as I get to the hill right off the road covered in high grass knowing it's loaded with rocks/ ruts I gas the 525 and get all sideways as I crawl up. I make it , but it wasn't  pretty. Wolf gives it a shot and comes up short . On his way down almost goes over the bars. Tries it maybe 2 more times and says screw it and goes around the road. We continue over to denial and go right up it. The dust is way bad. Go over to Anvil way up to Speedy avenue. It's definitely is getting warm! Donk says something like , where is all the suffering???? That's what I came to watch! We head up the knob slowly looking at Hook hill. A menacing hill I might add that only 2 have made , and not one me! We both clean the knob no problem and come back down it so the Wolf could try to get up the Hook. Donk and I find some shade and pull out food and watch the Wolf make many attempts to climb it. I have to say that he really gave it hell with like 10 or more tries getting up pretty high. The end result is that the hook wins another day! We head over to the commander which is not in the best shape I might add. My first try I get up maybe 10 ft! Same the the Wolf! I keep hitting it getting a little further , than a little lower. I'm halfway up squared to the hill when the wolf tries and gets up about a 1/4 and looks at me and says, I'm coming after you Jimmyboy! I said well I'm here. I keep trying and on one of my downhills I get a bit outa control and come down a little to fast . The Donk says Jimmyboy that looked like you were going a bit too fast! To that I answered, yeah that was not on purpose! I keep hitting it over and over relentlessly and notice that the Wolf joined the Donk in the spectators lounge. I get up about 3/4 and high side! I shut off my gas and on the way down completely lose control!!! Going like a hundred ! At this point I think I'm going to crash hard and it's really going to hurt bad. I think should I jump off the bike? But going to fast now. Can't tough the front brake cause at the bottom the roller will pitch her! It's like &%$#@!! What am I to do??? I decide to relax and hope the Wp's as stiff as they are will rescue me. By now the back wheel is off the wall and I hit the roller which g's me out and bike and I fly in the air!!! Hit 2nd roller and I think I'm riding on the front wheel with very little space to stop before there is a dirt wall with my name on it. I grab a shit load of front brakes and turn left and go right over the bars!!! I jump up cause I've got like 50 life's and straighten my front end and fly right up commander at a 100. 

More to come

i

• Like 9

Badass! I've ridden down most of commander WAY more often than I can go up it and it's a scary SOB!

• Like 2

So after going up the commander and almost dying I join the boys in a little spot of shade from a power line pole. I ask the wolf why she stop trying and she said she got a little hot and wasn't feeling that great.  She said why won't you ever take me hiking so I can get my endurance back? I looked at her and we all laughed. We head over to the Cobb which has 4 rutted lines. None of which looked good. Wolf takes off and gets up past the turn, but gets trapped. I get to around the same place. Going back down I'm very careful that the machine doesn't try to kill her again. Get to the turn around and hit the line again, and instead of joining OG line I make a slight left and cut my own through bushes and rocks. No easy task. I go to the spectators lounge and join the Donk behind another power line spot of shade. The wolf hits the Cobb a couple more times, but to no avail. We now go to one of the mother of all hill climbs! The carcus trail! It's a 1000 degrees in the canyon and Riddler , Anvil , and Orphan can tell you, it's not very hospitable in there. Wolf shoots up and spooks the biggest deer I've seen in this area! She runs down the canyon and I'm hoping doesn't hit me! Wolfs got a great run through the canyon till she stops half way up the face for no dam reason! I take off and it's really in bad shape but the 525 kinda likes this shit. I'm trying to find a line, but it's littered with rocks that the Anvil dug up last time he was there. I find a little traction and I see the wolf peering through her yellow glasses hoping that the Jimmyboy fails below her, but it doesn't happen! She clicks 2nd and s.ips the clutch and cleans it luckily! The carcus is not a fun one to go back down. The wolf turns around and finds her line and makes it convincing . We head over to Miller and it's like the 405 fwy w/ out traffic and blitz right up it. We decide to go to a special spot , a oasis you might say. Kick back and just talk old times. It was awesome jus hanging wither Donk and the wolf with no agenda. We decide to hit the Snake. Wolf hasn't been to. The den in some time! I get there and fly right up it! It's like a crew from cal trans came and graded it like a road! Wolf flys up and goes a hundred and stops at the tree where the women's way is. The place that the Riddler showed her "face" I'm thinkin is she going to go the way of the women or now I'll she go back own and try again??? She sees the face and reads her mind! Know's she has to go back and try again. On the way down she's really taking her time , and at one pointing think she's headed for her den? She turns around and cleans it at a hundred. She says Jimmyboy will you take her hiking? I said you're always welcome on one of her hikes?

We head back to Donks knowing that today was a very special day to remember  and that we lived another day.

• Like 6

If I was there waiting at the bottom of carcas with you two jokers up top waiting, I'd lose my mind. Glad I couldn't go

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Anvil said:

If I was there waiting at the bottom of carcas with you two jokers up top waiting, I'd lose my mind. Glad I couldn't go

carcass really isnt as hard as you guys make it look..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the Riddler. said:

I wish I rode today??

Wish you'd move back here?

• Like 5

What do people do that dont ride?

They usually give advise to faggy fat dudes that do ride. What you got?
  • Like 3

They usually give advise to faggy fat dudes that do ride. What you got?

Ride your bike down hills?

9 hours ago, The 1 said:

They train until they can ride.

7 hours ago, 909Matt said:

Ride your bike down hills?

Scary going down, rather go up?

15 hours ago, The 1 said:

I rake.  I prefer a steel rake with fiberglass handle.  But in a pinch any rake will do.  I have 20 acres to rake.  I have about 0.5 acres done.  Wife says it is job security because by the time i am done I will need to start again next year. :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I rake.  I prefer a steel rake with fiberglass handle.  But in a pinch any rake will do.  I have 20 acres to rake.  I have about 0.5 acres done.  Wife says it is job security because by the time i am done I will need to start again next year. :lol:

giphy.gif

Won't the tumble weeds just blow off on their own? :devil:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Won't the tumble weeds just blow off on their own? :devil:

No...  the bastards just sit there turning brown creating a forest for the snakes to hide... and if something sparked them off I could lose the house.  I rake as soon as they dry out.  I have a tractor and a drag but the raking is PT for my shoulder and cardio that I need badly.  

So I rake.  :smirk:

The best advice i now have is if you cant see where you are riding because the dust is to thick ride faster to get out of the dust

• Like 4