Father son ride

I had to adopt erik so I could ride today

We meet at 6:00, ride at 6:30.

From there we did not stop for more than a minute or two, said except for two separate poop breaks. I'm pretty sure erik took the adoption thing serious and was trying to collect his inheritance. We rode for 4 1/2 hours straight, single track and creating new trails. I am beat to a pulp.

IMG_3850.thumb.JPG.cf7830f668e982312b580911d4daa130.JPGIMG_3851.thumb.PNG.c4894cde9cc66f6ea4f27df8fe2b8588.PNGIMG_3847.thumb.PNG.d1824919c65b1f2d6474c2ed8cd210f2.PNGIMG_3852.thumb.JPG.b06d6ce950b46fe554b0a27d5833b1aa.JPG

• Like 16

I wish I could be ready to ride at 6am, perfect weather right? We're is this? 

That Anvil fellow really gets around. Very suave with the lost children from the ex's. Likely a great Disco dancer with the women of the day. Cause I don't think it was looks?

I might have thought you would have taken your orphaned child with you also. 

• Like 5

That Anvil fellow really gets around. Very suave with the lost children from the ex's. Likely a great Disco dancer with the women of the day. Cause I don't think it was looks?

Snake wins the interwebs today, and it's only 6am.
  • Like 3

Orphaned again.....
  • Like 2

Steve, I told the orphan about a new hill, she has been avoiding me ever since.

• Like 3

It was nice and cool, quickly warmed up.

We call this place two stroke valley, unless we are on 4 strokes
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Bill_B said:

I am a night owl...  hate waking up my whole life.  But I learned quickly after moving to the desert...  if you wanna have a life in the summer you GET THE &%$#@! UP IN THE MORNING.

Just ran 1000 gallons of water from the well...  dumped 1500 gallons on the trees while sipping my morning coffee out in the cool yard ...  fed the dogs...  tossed some wild seed for the birds... pet the local yard lizards...  processed this weekend's orders and packed today's shipments...  now it's time to close up the house and spin up the coolers.  

My day outside is done till this evening.  If I was riding that would have started at 6-6:30...  and back to the house by 9-9:30.

Yep...  this night owl is a morning person in the summer.  Sunrise with a good cup of coffee is almost as good as sunset with a beer. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I am a night owl...  hate waking up my whole life.  But I learned quickly after moving to the desert...  if you wanna have a life in the summer you GET THE &%$#@! UP IN THE MORNING.

Just ran 1000 gallons of water from the well...  dumped 1500 gallons on the trees while sipping my morning coffee out in the cool yard ...  fed the dogs...  tossed some wild seed for the birds... pet the local yard lizards...  processed this weekend's orders and packed today's shipments...  now it's time to close up the house and spin up the coolers.  

My day outside is done till this evening.  If I was riding that would have started at 6-6:30...  and back to the house by 9-9:30.

Yep...  this night owl is a morning person in the summer.  Sunrise with a good cup of coffee is almost as good as sunset with a beer. :thumbsup:

So true but easier said than done to change. I've been a night own most of my life thanks to my father "I blame him" a professional musician back in the hay day, I grew up in Las Vegas so my entire household has always been a late nighter.  My dad's work day was broken up all day and night. Rehearsal in the afternoon, 1st show at 8-10pm, break in between he would come home for an hour, 2nd show from 12-2:00 am, would come home, relax until about 4 am, go to sleep and do it over again next day.  Over my life, after graduating high school I just adapted to staying up late, sleeping late "I'm just starting my day now at about 1;00 pm" It's literally now a CURSE! I know I miss out on all sorts of stuff because of staying up late like riding with all you guys.  When I ride the track I usually do the PM night rides at Perris and Milestone back when they did lights I never ride early AM.  I did race with so Cal Old timers for about 3 years and that was really hard because I never slept well the night before.  Also because ive been self-employed for 25 years that has not helped since I can do whatever I want as far as time goes.  Waking up in the early am always feels out of place for me, it really sucks! Now Im kinda of an insomniac and have major issues getting to sleep, staying asleep and getting good quality sleep. I'm a mess because of it.  My wife who is normal, complains about it all the time.  

Edited by Bill_B

So I thought I was done and in the house at 8:30 this morning...  then the swamp cooler tossed a bearing on the blower shaft.  Had to hacksaw the damn thing off...  then chase down parts (at my local grocery store)...  then back home to reassemble.  Didn't get the thing running and the house cooled off till noon.  

I think I need a nap. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

So I thought I was done and in the house at 8:30 this morning...  then the swamp cooler tossed a bearing on the blower shaft.  Had to hacksaw the damn thing off...  then chase down parts (at my local grocery store)...  then back home to reassemble.  Didn't get the thing running and the house cooled off till noon.  

I think I need a nap. :lol:

LOL! whenever I do wake up early and stay up, mid day Im crashing hard and need a nap like you! I asked you before but were do you live? Hardware parts at the grocery store, you must be really rural? 

@TheW0LF was bumming you didn't do a Father Daughter Ride with her.
at the very least you could text her to tell her how much you care.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bill_B said:

LOL! whenever I do wake up early and stay up, mid day Im crashing hard and need a nap like you! I asked you before but were do you live? Hardware parts at the grocery store, you must be really rural? 

Well you get off the freeway at Anvil's house...  he lives on the edge of civilization...  then drive 25 miles east into the Mojave Desert...  when you see the very last telephone pole drive another mile or two...  and look for 30 trees that have NO REASON to be alive in the middle of the desert.  

Thats me !

03b.jpg

• Like 5

Well you get off the freeway at Anvil's house...  he lives on the edge of civilization...  then drive 25 miles east into the Mojave Desert...  when you see the very last telephone pole drive another mile or two...  and look for 30 trees that have NO REASON to be alive in the middle of the desert.  
Thats me !
03b.jpg

Jeff, how did you get on top of that mountain to take that picture
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Thats me !

03b.jpg

What City Apple Valley? 

Edited by Bill_B