Yz250fx after market clutch lever/perch?

Looking for some opinions on aftermarket clutch levers. I broke the stock lever and perch and tossed on a msr ez pull. I hate the set up, its to far away to rest a finger on while riding and i cant adjust it closer. Also find the engagement distance is huge. Hard to pop clutch and still keep a finger on lever. Any suggestions for a adjustable reach lever such as asv or arc. How about going with a magura hydraulic?

2 hours ago, utsikt said:

Any experience with the magura?

Yes, have had it on my 07 cr250 since 09 couldn't be happier  Very easy install,didn't even had to bleed it!

Right on, When you adjust the lever reach closer to the bar does it mess with the clutch engagement?

8 hours ago, utsikt said:

Right on, When you adjust the lever reach closer to the bar does it mess with the clutch engagement?

not that I can remember! Haven't had to adjust for quite some time.

11 hours ago, utsikt said:

you might find that the engagement point might be closer to the bar than a cable system

Read my post on page  2 " aftermarket levers"  with a slight mod with a file on the clutch lever it fits fine now.... its adjustable and folds.... for $30 bucks you cant go wrong.

If you were happy with the OEM set-up - and a lot of guys are - then consider going back to it.

1 hour ago, gatorfan said:

If you were happy with the OEM set-up - and a lot of guys are - then consider going back to it.

Nope i like the shorty levers much better....chinese or not $30 bucks is reasonable.... not the hundreds yamaha wants.... the clutch lever that i modified to fit works great.. it took me 20 min with a hack saw and file..oh and it comes with the brake lever that fits...

Mabe i should buy a load of the levers, mod them and resell them here. They are great levers so far and i really like them. I can hold the bars and use 2 fingers on the clutch lever or 1 finger on the brake. Its a wast of money to have to replace a perfectly good perch. And other than yamaha brand nothing else seems to fit at a reasonable price.

Edited by basmn
  • Like 1