Forks and Clicks and Adjustment

So I finally got my manual..it was the same as the manual I downloaded..anyway lesson learned.

So I was learning my fork adjustment and was just curious what you guys typically run for rebound and compression settings when on terrain with some jumps/water bars and pretty hard pack to gravel roads to mud so kind of an all around terrain type. Right now, on my 05 RMZ 450 the shocks have 3 wt oil and I am not sure but stiffer springs since the guy I got it from was my size, about 205-210 lbs. His settings for compression were like 7 clicks out if I recall and rebound or bottom of fork adjustment was 8? Should have wrote it down. So I dialed them all shut and adjusted rebound first at 10 clicks out and 7 clicks out on compression. I know suspension settings can be all over the place for certain terrain but if you would be so kind to give any insight on this for me I would be very greatful. Also, what terrain and what settings are some of you guys running as far as click adjustment?

Edited by YZF1825

Oh and also the previous owner also did a fork job. I think he just re did the seals on it and may have added a slightly stiffer spring.

Set them in the middle, probably 12 and 12 and go from there, same with the rear shock

• Like 2