Finally got my new bike :)

Hey! So after hounding everyone for information on the what bike should I buy thread, I finally have one! It's not the 250r that I wanted but I'm actually glad I didn't go for that one as I find this one fast enough for now and slightly intimidating anyhow! I ended up buying my old roommate's 2009 CRF 150rb. I took it out to the track (my first time on a real track) and had a good time! Not sure what the hell I was doing at all but I wasn't expecting to be good so... Anyhow, yeah I'm a bit big for the bike height wise but he sold it to me for $700 less than what he was asking and at least I know it's been taken care of. Plus, it's not Honda red so.... ;) I'll see if I can put up some pics. Anyone have any advice for getting better at controlling the throttle on a race bike? It seems so touchy to me coming off a trail bike that I can just hammer down on. If i hit a bump on this one, my hand twists the throttle, which can be freaky lol

honda150.jpg

honda150 2.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JenDanger said:

If i hit a bump on this one, my hand twists the throttle, which can be freaky lol

i had this issue when bought my first mx bike , just took a few rides and i no longer bump the throttle when hitting big bumps anymore , i think it was more of being scared of the bike at first and having a death grip on the bars, im much mor relaxed on my bike now and it doesnt happen anymore 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, project89 said:

i had this issue when bought my first mx bike , just took a few rides and i no longer bump the throttle when hitting big bumps anymore , i think it was more of being scared of the bike at first and having a death grip on the bars, im much mor relaxed on my bike now and it doesnt happen anymore 

Thanks! Yeah I think that's definitely part of the problem :) unfortunately I don't have a lot of time right now and of course my days off are Wednesday and Thursday and there isn't anyone at the track when I go! Oh well practice is going to help! 

Exactly...Sometimes happen this type of problem with the bike..my cousin also face this types of problem with his 1 year old bike.Also having a problem of suspension..But suspension problem short out with moto.stillwellperformance.com