Hello, and sorry if this is long winded I just need to make sure I cover everything. 

Been pretty interested in the whole idea of motocross for about a year or so now and I've saved up around £2000 to get my first bike. I've had a look at this bike, and it seems pretty good. http://m.funbikes.co.uk/M2R_Racing_Warrior_J1_250cc_2118_96cm_Dirt_Bike(4755).aspx

But to be honest I'm not generally sure what to look for. Long story short I just need a suitably sized bike (I'm 17, 180cm tall). Which will perform well (I live in Essex which isn't exactly very rough terrain), and will last me a fairly long time with moderate use. 

If anyone could recommend me a bike which would be better value than the one above then please do. I just want something which is reliable, will be good to ride, is upgradeable and will last me a good amount of time with proper maintenance. I can go higher than £2000 so if that's necessary let me know. Overall just recommend me a reasonably priced bike which fits the above criteria. 

Also lastly, as far as I know there are no licences needed to own or ride a dirt bike (as long as they are kept off the road and are strictly only used on off road and non-public areas). If anyone is familiar with UK law could they let me know if there are any further licences needed. Google didn't exactly help me.

Many Thanks Everyone!