2014 Build

So after some thought, and seeing other builds (like slowgs) I've decided to keep my bike and make it mine. Here is a list of parts I'm planning on purchasing in the near future:

Necessary Parts

Cylinder Works 270 BBK

Wiseco cam chain

Stock valves and springs

**Also looking for a good place to send my suspension to get tuned????

Hinson clutch plates and springs

Pivot Works wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, linkage bearings, and steering bearings

EBC R Series Sintered Brake Pads

Sending my ECU to Motolab

Personal Parts

CV4 Radiator Hose Kit Red

Driven Oversize Floating Front Brake Rotor

FMF Factory-4.1 slip on (need spark arrestor to ride trails at national forests)

Tusk Impact wheels

Things on bike already

MX32's

Renthal 49 tooth rear sprocket 

Acerbis handgaurds and front disk cover

Fastway steering stabilizer

Works Connection extended coverage skid plate

Thats about it, for now. Any input or advice on brands or parts would be appreciated. 

Edited by Zwizz
  • Like 1

I would switch out the red Cv4 radiator hose for MotoHose red one. They are better and less expensive. Also, purchase the over sized radiator hose clamps from Moto Hose. They are a piece of mind. More surface coverage. Next, factory connection is awesome at revalving and setting up Suzuki suspension. Next, you may need to call Tom at the motoLab prior to sending ecu. I heard he doesn't do it anymore. Other then that. Your set up will be awesome

40 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

I would switch out the red Cv4 radiator hose for MotoHose red one. They are better and less expensive. Also, purchase the over sized radiator hose clamps from Moto Hose. They are a piece of mind. More surface coverage. Next, factory connection is awesome at revalving and setting up Suzuki suspension. Next, you may need to call Tom at the motoLab prior to sending ecu. I heard he doesn't do it anymore. Other then that. Your set up will be awesome

Thanks for the advice, I'll be switching out my hoses and looking into factory connection. Do you know of any other place that remaps ecu's? Or am I gonna have to spend a couple hundred on a programmer? 

4 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

To be honest. If you wanna do it right, bite your lip and go all out. Buy a Vortex ecu. You'll love every penny spent

Dang haha that's not what I wanted to hear, I'm just a college student. Guess I'm gonna have to ditch the rims for now then. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

To be honest. If you wanna do it right, bite your lip and go all out. Buy a Vortex ecu. You'll love every penny spent

Also with the big bore do you think I would be fine on maybe just the rich coupler? Money is tight and my top end needs to be rebuilt very soon but i don't have the money for the vortex at the moment. (Maybe in a few months)

Also with the big bore do you think I would be fine on maybe just the rich coupler? Money is tight and my top end needs to be rebuilt very soon but i don't have the money for the vortex at the moment. (Maybe in a few months)

You may want to pm ac717 here on TT. He could answer that question better then I can. He has done it already..

7 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

You may want to pm ac717 here on TT. He could answer that question better then I can. He has done it already..

Thank you for your help, I pm'd him. This hobby is too expensive to maintain in college haha. 

Oh I know man. I was there too. It's taken my 8 months to get my bike done because my wife stays home and we have a 1 year old boy who needs clothes every two weeks. I'll keep reviewing your project build. Good luck, have fun, and take your time

• Like 1

Well the first parts have rolled in! Nothing too crazy yet, just oversized brakes, pads, and seals, but it's a start!

IMG_3856.JPG

• Like 1

Still waiting for more parts to roll in so I decided to start the tear down. My suspension is shipping to factory connection on Thursday! A good amount of parts should be coming in through the week, I'll try to keep updating as it arrives.  

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

• Like 1

Not too long after my last post, 2 trucks arrived at my house with some goodies :). My whole new valve train, BB cylinder, fmf exhaust, and some tools! Still waiting on some head bolts that were on back order and the moto hose was on back order. Probably forgetting some other things too. 

IMG_3868.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

Oh yeah.. gone be a bad b!+emoji767.pngh

That's the plan! The suspension is going to cost more than I thought, so the clutch plates and rims are going to have to wait haha but it should suffice for now!

Will be sending my suspension out tomorrow!! Also got a new hour meter on top of the box. I'm thinking of sending my head in to get it cleaned and get the valves seated. Is Tokyomods a good place to get that done? They said $275. 

IMG_3877.JPG

Call up John Stallworth at jsr performance in Wichita KS. He has built all my motors since my pro days.. unbelievably good work.. he has the latest and greatest technology at his finger tips... Tell him Chris Bradley sent you.

Got the motor apart! Kinda scary doing all this haha. But I have everything out of the head! 

IMG_3894.JPG

• Like 1