Found a part

Hey guys, did some stuff this weekend. Am testing it out, and I heard something fall. Looked under the bike and saw this. Have no idea what it is, and I have to leave for work in a couple hours.

I do have a skidplate. If it helps, part is gold in color, like the throttle cable wheel. Which coincidentally, is what I had off the bike this weekend.

As far as the skidplate goes, was not in the skidplate before.

figured out what it is... it is an OEM part. not sure what it's for though ---- it fell out of my front turn signals -- and the signals work fine without it....

at least it wasn't an engine part ;)

Edited by 74jimbo
  • Like 1

Brilliant! I found one of those on my garage floor as well, but I have two bikes, bicycles and all sorts of other gear in there so I had no clue what it was from. Thanks for solving my mystery!

I had removed 1 bulb to go match it for a replacement.... got home with the new bulb, and was like well, might as well swap both out, and as soon as I opened the other side, that piece fell out....

now 2 of them sit in my parts box....

ok, figured out what it does... it secures the light housing from just sliding off of the rubber stalk holding it... without it, the light housing can just slide right off