Impellar Shaft - CRF450R - does this look OK?

I have a bad leak in Coolant, also Transmission Oil, so I am replacing the bearings/seals/gaskets on the Right Engine Case

I am also replacing the Impellar shaft, since it has grooves - but when inserting the Impellar shaft, it has rotational play, meaning it can rotate forward and back very slightly - rather than very snug

Is this OK - or should it be very tight, and if it needs to be tight - what part do i look to replace? The large gear that it inserts into?

Here is a video to better show the question: 

If you haven't already drill the bleed hole on the impeller to release the cavitation behind the impeller and that will help any issue moving forward after you replace everything...or get a Boyseen replacement that has this already drilled

theDoggerIMPELLER_CRF450.jpg&key=2e4179ec499b86f1

The play is so you can pull the clutch cover and reassemble it without having to pull the water pump cover. Also, the "play" in that shaft isnt what kills the water pump seal. Its the water pump bearing. They chose a bad bearing to do all the work. It should have been a needle bearing and not a roller, or a pair of rollers. Once that roller begins to wear a little, it wobbles that wobble wears out the seal. Its an easy, but annoying fix.