Hard starting?

I bought my '14 wr450f new in January '15.  I love to ride it but hate how it starts. I can't seem to ever get it to start cold or hot. I have adjusted the gray plastic screw near the throttle body (cant for the life of my remember the name) so it starts a little better hot but still starts like crap. I've read that the competition ecu and/or tuner can help with this? Is it necessary to buy both to achieve what I want it to do? I don't need it to be any faster I just simply want it to start better.

Thanks!

Edited by rangerman

Sorry I should have searched much harder. I was at work and service on my phone was poor and was having a hard time finding an answer.

Found a thread where you listed the part number for the Yamaha fi tool I need.  

Thank you!

I had hard starting on my new to me 2012 WR450F and had the dealer set the idle mixture and CO.  Before I had to kick start it every time.  It would E start hot if in Neutral and the Enricher pulled out, so it must have been lean.   The dealer set the mixture and showed me the marks on the throttle to correctly open the throttle for starting.  Now it starts on the first push of the button.   I have a great dealer with a good reputation.  It took them a half hour at most.  For me starting is easy if the idle mixture is set right.

I still intend buy the FI Diagnostic tool, but in in the mean time the dealer fixed it!

44 minutes ago, CaptCapsize said:

I had hard starting on my new to me 2012 WR450F and had the dealer set the idle mixture and CO.  Before I had to kick start it every time.  It would E start hot if in Neutral and the Enricher pulled out, so it must have been lean.   The dealer set the mixture and showed me the marks on the throttle to correctly open the throttle for starting.  Now it starts on the first push of the button.   I have a great dealer with a good reputation.  It took them a half hour at most.  For me starting is easy if the idle mixture is set right.

I still intend buy the FI Diagnostic tool, but in in the mean time the dealer fixed it!

Idle mixture would be the FI tool. They may have used one on yours.