So the new head I bought is leaking coolant from the bolt that attaches the tube for the antifreeze to get to the engine head. I tried using copper washers as nobody by me sells crush washers but that did not work. I picked up these viton o rings at harbor freight, does anybody think they will melt? I don't race so I won't be redlining it but idk how hot the engine head will get as the o ring will be pressed up against it. I know the coolant won't go above the 250 range so that's not the issue. I believe these are rated for roughly 440 farenheight?

IMG_20170619_121218.jpg

IMG_20170619_120545419.jpg

Chances are the leak isn't coming from bolt, it's coming from the O-ring on the coolant pipe that the bolt is securing into place. Go to the dealer and order p/n 93210-16500-00 for 3 bucks and install using some vaseline as a lubricant.

Yes I realized that after posting, the dilemma is I have a spare from a head that doesn't leak. But after replacing it still leaks. Is there a slightly fatter o ring I can put on it?

Edited by FatCowKiller

10 hours ago, FatCowKiller said:

Yes I realized that after posting, the dilemma is I have a spare from a head that doesn't leak. But after replacing it still leaks. Is there a slightly fatter o ring I can put on it?

Put two o-rings

5 hours ago, FatCowKiller said:

That wouldn't cause any problems with expansion when it's running? If it did manage to stop the leak?

Have done it before on problem bikes.    There is plenty of room on that pipe for two orings, not a problem.