2012 vs 2014 250&300 exc reed valves?

My buddy just bought 2012 300 exc which has V-force 4 reed valves. My bike is 2014 300 exc which I believe has Boysen reed valves, am I right?

Does V-force have crispier and much better throttle response especially from small throttle openings, what is your experiences? That is what I thought atleast when I tried and revved his bike, really nice, instant and crisp response on throttle.

Edited by KTMfinrider

I have rad valves on more bikes thN not, but have always found them to be more low end changing than top end.

the vforce was kinda opposite. 

I always figured it was more/ less because with the boyesen, you are moving two reeds  alot rather quickly, the vforce has more petals, that each moves less than two large ones.  Most of the time ive always noticed the vforce doing better in higher rpm than the rad valve. Recently found some flowbench work between a rad vlave and a vforce 2, the vforce had almost 50% more peak flow than the rad. That vforce 2 was a badass. I still have that in a few bikes.

Byron, which is better V-force 3 or V-force 4 ? 4 seems to cost little more what researched.

Frankly, I am was genuinely AMAZED about the throttle response. 

Edited by KTMfinrider

What's the jetting specs?
Could be jetted differently than yours as well.
Jetting goes a long way towards crispness.

The V4 has stoppers on the cage to prevent them opening as far as the V3.  The reeds would hit the intake sides in the head and the reeds would get damaged.  When my V3s on my 2010 got damaged I bought the whole 2014 cage and reeds for less than the reeds for the V3.  I think I paid $60.  Its not like that anymore.  The 14 is some sort of KTM cage with Boyesen manufactured reeds.  The 14 seems to run a little richer than the V3.

It seems the v3 was not great in any application. If you ever find good flowbench tests the v3 is never too great.  But it seems in every case the inlet tract is right. They got that right    

I dont know anything about the v4. 

Interesting side note, I pulled the factory V Force 3 reeds from my 2011 300xc and they seem to be a bit different than the vforce 3 reeds you could purchase from mototassinari. At least from what I can find online.

They look more like V Force 4 reeds, part number is V317A..interesting.

20170529_132017.jpg

Edited by SlowKTM