Sign in to follow this  

Another 250x convert

Two years of setup attempts on my 15 200xcw and not even close to the same fun in the woods as my 2002 yz250. Offloading both and getting a 17.

• Like 5

9 months riding every weekend and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I love my X !!! Can't get enough

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RollieW said:

Two years of setup attempts on my 15 200xcw and not even close to the same fun in the woods as my 2002 yz250. Offloading both and getting a 17.

But it doesn't have e-start, headlight, counterbalanced motor, FI and a ton of orange accessories.   You are nuts! 

• Like 2

But it doesn't have e-start [i'll manage]

, headlight, [i'll make one]

counterbalanced motor, [YZ's have never had vibration like KTM]

FI [Don't care]

and a ton of orange accessories.[good]  

You are nuts! [sometimes]

• Like 5

I think I might need to start doing all the X conversion stuff on the gov for my next mod on the 04. But then again, when I sell the house in cali and cash in on all the greenbacks, a new X could be in my future. Then I wouldn't need to do all the mods because the top end is still an 05 jug. Hmm, see what 2018 or 19 brings. 

I would like to find a lightly used 12-14 WR450, seeing the new wheels up 2018 YZ450 has the E button and kick is gone, I hope the WR doesn't loose the kick... Have they (all the 18's) been reviled yet? I have been pretty busy.. 

1 hour ago, P84ONE said:

I think I might need to start doing all the X conversion stuff on the gov for my next mod on the 04. But then again, when I sell the house in cali and cash in on all the greenbacks, a new X could be in my future. Then I wouldn't need to do all the mods because the top end is still an 05 jug. Hmm, see what 2018 or 19 brings. 

I would like to find a lightly used 12-14 WR450, seeing the new wheels up 2018 YZ450 has the E button and kick is gone, I hope the WR doesn't loose the kick... Have they (all the 18's) been reviled yet? I have been pretty busy.. 

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/cross-country/models/2018/wr450f

WR450 no kicker

• Like 1