Millennium vs power seal for cylinder plating???

Hey guys! So I'm trying to dicide were to send my cylinder to get replated. Power seal USA is $190 for plating and $30 for power valve removal, and millennium is $210 for plating but it doesn't say anything about power valve removal. So my question is has anyone used millennium and do you know if they will remove the valves and reinstall and check for specs with the price of plating? Or is it easy enough to just do it my self?

This may help, 2 page thread from a week or so ago

5 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

This may help, 2 page thread from a week or so ago

Sweet! Thanks for the link, its funny that me and that guy pretty much asked the same question Lol.

So it sound like millennium will disassemble the powervalves  and reinstall to specs with no extra cost is that what you took from that????

1 minute ago, Jack wagon said:

Sweet! Thanks for the link, its funny that me and that guy pretty much asked the same question Lol.

So it sound like millennium will disassemble the powervalves  and reinstall to specs with no extra cost is that what you took from that????

Lol, I thought the question sounded familiar. Sounds like it, maybe someone that has used them could chime in.

They all charge to do the power valve removal clean and install , I would go with U.S chrome over any of them for plating just my personal preference they do A1 work at good prices . 200 for a replate and they hold up .

1 minute ago, Greenwrench said:

They all charge to do the power valve removal clean and install , I would go with U.S chrome over any of them for plating just my personal preference they do A1 work at good prices . 200 for a replate and they hold up .

Is it easy to do the powervalves  my self or is it worth it to have them do it?

Also do I have to send my powervalvs  with my cylinder so that they can match specs?

It's pretty easy on most bikes very doable.

2 minutes ago, Greenwrench said:

It's pretty easy on most bikes very doable.

My bike is a kx 125 and is it nessesary to send the powervalves  in so they can match??

What year ? And no you shouldn't have to send those in unless you were going big bore then they would have to trim them if you didn't want to . You should send them a piston that you want to run unless you want them to get that for you they can

Just now, Greenwrench said:

What year ? And no you shouldn't have to send those in unless you were going big bore then they would have to trim them if you didn't want to . You should send them a piston that you want to run unless you want them to get that for you they can

Ya, I have a wiseco  piston already that I'll send.    and my bike is a 2001 and its my first dirt bike so I'm kinda a noob.

15 minutes ago, Jack wagon said:

Is it easy to do the powervalves  my self or is it worth it to have them do it?

Also do I have to send my powervalvs  with my cylinder so that they can match specs?

Take them out lay in oprder as you take apart.  Right side left side. Their not that hard you'll figure that out. I do lots of engines around these parts never heard anything bad about powerseal but have some not many tho with millennium.  But it's like everything you can't be perfect all the time.

Edited by Motox367
Just now, Motox367 said:

Take them out lay in order as you take apart.  Right side left side. Their not that hard you'll figure that out. I do lots of engines around these parts never heard anything bad about powerseal but have with millennium.  But it's like everything you can't be perfect all the time.

I think I'll go with power seal it looks like they are the cheapest all around. Thanks! :)

1 minute ago, Jack wagon said:

I think I'll go with power seal it looks like they are the cheapest all around. Thanks! :)

Ya had good luck with them and fast but im not far really.  You don't need to send powervalves if just going with stock bore. Plus you got this place to help you :rolleyes: start a thread on it maybe even. Take your time and like I said lay it out as you take off. But if they don't charge then send it. Idk I always take them out qiuck and studs ,any dowel tgat will come out if has.have customer send them

Take everything off the cylinder, studs, power valve, alignment pins, everything.

They charge a little extra if you send it with everything in. They bag it up and send it back without the parts installed. Better off doing it yourself, that way you can put it back together

PV removal and all studs yourself, but I will not use anyone but Langcourt. Over 10 done and not ever a bad one. 

14 hours ago, Jack wagon said:

Hi! 

Yes, if you send the cylinder in with the power valve, we will pull it out with no charge. Our complete power valve service, which includes disassembly, cleaning and inspection of all power valve components, consulting of any need for replacement of damaged or excessively worn parts, re-assembly of all components, proper timing of all mechanisms to ensure phenomenal operation of the entire power valve system is $74.95

Note - Our prices are all inclusive for anything in the bore. A lot of other shops have a habit of add on charges.