Kx250f to 125 conversion

I currently have a kx125 in need of rebuilding from the ground up. I've just been offered a 2013 KX250F rolling chassis so I'm looking at doing a conversion. Has anyone undertaken a project like this that can offer some advice. Cheers.

Fairly certain this previous thread has some info relating to Suzuki RM125 into RMZ frame conversion. Unfortunately the pics aren't working though.

The closest thing that I have seen is a rated endurocross racer who put a kdx 200 engine into a 4 stroke frame with great success.   I think it would be pretty easy,  just look first to see if the swingarm pivot bolt is the same size and determine if a change there is necessary and how easy you can do it,  ie is it just matter of case inserts or having them milled out etc.  then you have the engine set in in alignment,  and with two complete bikes to draw from it should go easy.  probably routing your air cleaner and pipe would be the only other considerations as the motor mounts should be easy to change.  I would like to see where you go with it.

Edited by ossagp