Two stroke experiencing following symptoms. HELP!

My bike (1999 RM125) has been suffering from a variety of symptoms:

1. Low power
  2. Excessive smoke
  3. Spooge coming out of tailpipe
  4. Reving quite high on its own to where I have to hit the kill switch.
  5. No noticable powerband.

Here's the work I put into the bike trying to fix this:

1. Rebuilt/balanced crankshaft and connecting rod
  2. New top end (piston, ring, wrist pin, bearing)
  3. New main crank bearings
  4. New crank seals, left and right.

From the symptoms I thought a new set of seals would do the trick, but it doesn't look like it has.  Here is what I think it might be now:

1. Leaking/flooded carb or bad float level, which mine is because its leaking.
  2. Bad reeds
  3. Power valve
  4. Air leak, but where?

Out of the last list, do any of these make sense?  I am so confused!  I also don't know how much to twist the power valve adjustment knob.  It looks like this.  Can anyone help?

I don't know what blown reeds sound/do.  I also have a 168 main jet and ProCircuit, suggests that for my pipe I use a 165.  Could this little difference be the cause?

20170619_184554.jpg

20170619_185504.jpg

Float level has nothing to do with the carb leaking.  A leaking carb is indicative of a worn or old float needle and/or seat.  

Pull the reed block and look at the reeds.  Are they badly chipped or cracked?

Most likely place for an air leak is the reed block and intake.

What oil ratio are you running?

The reeds do appear worn.  I left them in because the worn area was still touching the sealing surface, so there was no gap.  Do you think this could cause the symptoms?  I am using 32:1 premix.  Its the top end part of the rev band that I have problems with.  I have a 1997 CR125R that might have same size reeds.  If so I can swap them out to confirm that the reeds was the problem.  I also found a 165 jet so I will put that in and see what happens.  Look at this video here.

Could it have anything to do with the solenoid in the carb?  The way I thought it worked was that it just shuts off fuel when the kill switch is pressed, so I don't think it would affect anything.  I actually don't even have it plugged in.

17 hours ago, kevelev said:

Could it have anything to do with the solenoid in the carb?  The way I thought it worked was that it just shuts off fuel when the kill switch is pressed, so I don't think it would affect anything.  I actually don't even have it plugged in.

What size pilot ?

what needle and clip position?

what pre mix oil ?

the main is the least of your worries 

Hang on... you had all those symptoms, then rebuilt the entire engine, and now still have all of the exact same symptoms? Did anything change? What exactly is it still doing now? In a normal operating engine, leaving the power jet unplugged will cause low power at higher RPM. It's designed to change fuel flow at higher RPM to give you extra power/rev. Any time you have a power/rideability issue, it's always best to start with basics first (air intake, air/fuel mixture, proper spark, etc...), unless you can completely verify there is an internal engine issue.

I actually DID have the solenoid plugged in.  I mispoke, sorry.  I can probably hook up my multimeter to it to see if its working properly.  What voltage should I see?  When I have this I can give it the voltage and make sure its sucking in, thus allowing more fuel.  Or is there a better way to make sure the solenoid is good?  Also check out the reeds.  I think I want to replace them.  I don't know how old they are but I'm concerned they aren't sealing just right because of the little dings on the tips.  What do you think?

20170621_211830.jpg

I'm also unsure of what reeds I have.  Do they look stock?  How can I be sure to get the right reeds for my reed block?  If I look up reeds for my bike I see a lot with three petals that say they will fit the 1999 RM125, but I need ones with two.  Will any two-petal set of reeds fit?

The Boysen power reeds are a very good value for the money. The fit is always perfect in my experience.

So it looks like I have the stock reed block.  Now on eBay I found some called Boyesen 687 power reeds.  However, I've found some that appear different, yet both are 687 and both say they are for a 1999 RM125.  They don't look to be the same dimensions.  Take a look:

Short Reeds 687

Long Reeds 687

The ones I have on my bike now are 59 mm x 47 mm (two lobe).  What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure they are the same length. Only, one image is zoomed in a bit more.