Reccomendations on Wheels

Looking to get a new set of wheels, complete with hubs and spokes installed. Don't want to spend a crap ton of money but want something that will be durable a of good quality.

and does anyone know the stock size for the rear wheel on my 05 rmz 450? isn't it like 19 tall x 2.5 wide.

Mine is a 2005 though. I would rather buy from an online store Ive been screwed royally through ebay. Also, today I purchased some Thor boots, they are nice, now I don't know if my broken left ankle has anything to do with this or not but it seems like I have to really make an effort to get my boot under the shifter to get it to shift, I guess I could adjust the shifter up a notch or purchase after market. Which after market shifter would be good for a size 11 Thor boot?

Those ebay links i sent....those wheels will fit "05-17".  His description says "07-17". Should say "07-17: RMZ 250 and "05-17" RMZ 450. Call Mike direct and see what he can do. I wear size 12 boots. Stock shifter. 

Its probably my ankle, it doesn't feel right broke haha. I may have to move it up a notch though. I am looking at this hammerhead shifter. Looks good and functional.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, YZF1825 said:

is that for both front and rear..seems a little cheap

Got these two weeks ago. Loving them so far. The TUSK WHEEL SET

450.jpg

Edited by Yamkifour
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:10 PM, YZF1825 said:

Mine is a 2005 though. I would rather buy from an online store Ive been screwed royally through ebay. Also, today I purchased some Thor boots, they are nice, now I don't know if my broken left ankle has anything to do with this or not but it seems like I have to really make an effort to get my boot under the shifter to get it to shift, I guess I could adjust the shifter up a notch or purchase after market. Which after market shifter would be good for a size 11 Thor boot?

then put in your bike and year into rockymountain I would almost guarantee that it will be the same price.

I just picked these up yesterday.. Collin at fasterusa was an awesome person to work with. He helped me out and explained in deep detail about the pros and cons of tire packages..I love these wheelsIMG_20170627_185017809.jpgIMG_20170627_185627228.jpgIMG_20170627_184808180.jpg

• Like 1

Holy shit those are beautiful. Those would fit my bike perfect..

IMG_20170626_213017_408.jpg

• Like 2

I bought the Tusk wheel set from Rocky Mountain around Christmas in 2014 when it was still $500 for the set. They have been great wheels and have held up nicely and they look great on the bike. You can't beat the price/quality. They were absolutely true out of the box and I only had to check spoke torque the first few rides. I still check every couple rides but it seems like they never creep. They are a little heavier but most people won't notice while riding.

You can get lighter wheels(probably still not lighter than stock but stronger) if you go with A60 excels and have your stock hubs coated for looks but then you are into way more money than the Tusk wheels.

• Like 1

I just picked these up yesterday.. Collin at fasterusa was an awesome person to work with. He helped me out and explained in deep detail about the pros and cons of tire packages..I love these wheels

Those do look pretty rad. Does Faster make their own hubs or did they turn down and coat your OEM hubs?

Those do look pretty rad. Does Faster make their own hubs or did they turn down and coat your OEM hubs?

They make their own hubs in house.. check out their YouTube video.. How it's made - fasterusa hubs...they have a warranty also

I absolutely love to clean my dirt bike. I like it spotless before I go ride.

• Like 1