Husky/KTM Remapping

I just purchased a 17 FX450 last week. The exhaust design is retarded and is super restrictive. I was planning on putting a slip-on on it, but it sounds like these bikes come mapped somewhat lean to begin with and I don't want to make it worse unless I can remap it.

What I'm asking is, will it need a remap with the slip-on, and if so, how do you do it? I haven't seen a tuner anywhere. It looks like everyone is just adjusting their TPS, but that seems like a bandaid fix. I'm new to Husky 4-strokes, so please forgive my ignorance. My YZ was a piece of cake to remap.

I sent my ECU to Tokyo mods for my '17 350 SX-F. It's actually on its way back as we speak. I don't have an aftermarket exhaust but I couldn't find a TPS setting I liked by adjusting it. These bikes are lean so I would say remapping with a slip on would be a good combination. There's plenty of companies that do it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mxer391 said:

I sent my ECU to Tokyo mods for my '17 350 SX-F. It's actually on its way back as we speak. I don't have an aftermarket exhaust but I couldn't find a TPS setting I liked by adjusting it. These bikes are lean so I would say remapping with a slip on would be a good combination. There's plenty of companies that do it. 

I got the same recommendation from vital, so I will go that route. Cheers!

Just got my ecm back from Tokyo mods. $135 with shipping but it made a big difference. Suspension, exhaust, remapping, aftermarket pegs, and a oversized front rotor are the best bang for the dollar imo for these bikes. 

Just got my ecm back from Tokyo mods. $135 with shipping but it made a big difference. Suspension, exhaust, remapping, aftermarket pegs, and a oversized front rotor are the best bang for the dollar imo for these bikes. 

You put an oversized front rotor on a KTM?

On 6/23/2017 at 0:03 PM, pre-mixed said:

You put an oversized front rotor on a KTM?

Absolutely. Better modulation and more stopping power. I like braking with 1 finger and am very aggressive on the brakes. Having a very strong front brake helps stave off arm pump in my right arm late in a moto. 

Absolutely. Better modulation and more stopping power. I like braking with 1 finger and am very aggressive on the brakes. Having a very strong front brake helps stave off arm pump in my right arm late in a moto. 

That's interesting I've only ever owned one KTM and it was a 14 and I always thought the brakes were awesome. I read a piece in a dirt bike magazine recently that had some KTM off road guys ( can't remember if it was GNCC or H&H or what) that were running solid rotors to take away a little of the bite from their brakes and not just for a mud race.