2000 300 exc stuck in first!

Long story short, my 2000 300 exc got stuck in first gear. Won't go into second or neutral. Every video I've watched makes it seem like a simple fix, but the parts in the videos don't match any parts schematics I've seen for my bike. Does anyone have a video of an actual 2000 300 exc being repaired when it has stopped shifting? Btw, the clutch works fine and the shifter moves up and down like normal.

You need to pull the RH cover and check out the ratchet mechanism.

Use this KXF video for reference:

And if you find you need to split cases:

• Like 1

I know this is going to sound silly, but is your shifter tight? My shift lever had jumped tooth because of the bolt being loose.  It would shift between first and neutral, but wouldn't go into second, due to the arm hitting the case.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll be tearing into her on Friday because yes the shifter is tight. It moves up and down, it just doesn't seem to be moving anything on the inside. I really appreciate the videos!

• Like 1

Update;  I got the right side torn apart to find that the screw that hold the shifting cylinder was REALLY loose. Thank god it was a quick fix! Now the other problem, while removing the clutch pack,  I found the last clutch ring in about five different pieces!  Any idea what could've caused this?! I've already ordered another whole pack, i just don't want it to happen again. 

1498425546709667011231.jpg

Just put those pieces of broken clutch together like a puzzle and make sure you're not missing even a single shard. It happens with fatigue. I've had it happen before. New clutch and it'll be good as new